The combined QinetiQ U.S. business unit brings capabilities across the full lifecycle of technology development from applied research and development to rapid prototyping, testing, fielding, and sustainment. Our expertise with unmanned platforms, broad sensing modalities, and cross-domain interoperability ensures that we deliver integrated solutions for Warfighter dominance in all phases of combat.
We are a world-class team of professionals who deliver next generation technology and products in robotic and autonomous platforms and systems, ground systems, soldier systems, maritime systems, airborne sensors and payloads, processing and exploitation capabilities, and integrated C2 solutions. Much of our work contributes to innovative research in ﬁelds such as sensor science, signal processing, data fusion, artiﬁcial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), and augmented reality (AR).
Our customers are always our number one priority and we consistently deliver Mission-Led Innovation to empower and protect our Defense and Security forces in the U.S. and abroad.
Your Contribution to Our Mission:
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring long term technical goals both inside and outside of the organization are met for current and in future needs.
- Foreseeing and creating timelines for the research and development-based services needed by the customer.
- Making rational executive decisions for the company's technological advancements.
- Maintaining proficiency in the upcoming technologies and trends in both the local and overseas markets.
To Land This Job, You Need:
- Big Data networking experience such as GiGE over ethernet for high bandwidth data transfer (25 Gbps or more)
- Knowledge of GPS PPS PTP/NTP/IEEE 1588 timing protocols and their real life implementations.
- Expert in TCP/IP, UDP, FTP, Serial 422/232/485, CAN A/B, USB, GPIB, SPI, JTAG, SDCARD, SBUS, I2C, GPS (ublox, Novatel), GigE vision, OpenDDS protocols.
- Should be an expert in multi spectral sensor domains such as but not limited to mmWave RADARs, LWIR/MWIR/SWIR/Visible, LIDARs, Stereoscopic.
- Hands on experience with Ethernet switches, frame grabbers, ultra high speed camera systems.
- Should have demo-ed TRL 7+ software/hardware designs to the customers.
- Expert in Python/C/C++ programming languages.
- Visual Studio 2017/2019 development experience.
- Experience in OpenCV 4 and above with image processing modules.
- GStreamer/FFMPEG/VLC Video management library experience
- Nvidia CUDA toolkit development experience.
- Vehicle system architecture design experience.
- Vehicle Systems Development, Integration and Testing experience.
- Computer vision expert.
- Some experience on RTOS/FFPGA based embedded systems and their corresponding toolchains.
- Some experience with image processing modules.
- Hands on experience with Augmented/Mixed and Virtual reality domains.
- Ability to manage a team of 5-10 interdisciplinary engineers for software and hardware development driven projects
- Proficient in managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Should support proposal and bidding efforts and must be experienced in proposal writing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- A strong team player.
- 15-20 years of technical and program management experience.
- Computer Vision based AI/ML experience in CNN/R-CNN/GANs. NLP/ALS is a plus.
- Open Source YOLO/OpenCV/OpenCL experience.
- HMD development experience for AR/MR/VR systems like Hololens/VIVE/ODYSSEY.
Job Type: Full Time