- Accountable for achieving annual revenue and EDITDA budgets.
- Develop product portifilo segment growth strategies that support of segment and growth and innovation goals.
- Direct up to 2 Segment Managers, field support team and product managers to achieve business unit(s) and segment goals
- Accountable for ROI on our marketing budget
- Engage VP of Specialty Sales & Marketing and extended business team members to craft, gain alignmnet and execute strategic business plan(s) that drives profitable growth and achieves ROI and ROCE targets for business segment
- Accountable for creation and execution of growth strategies, loyalty and lead generation programs for all product lines (Strand, Fiber & CanExel) that sell into multiple end user segments sold through multiple channels
- Accountable for implementing the strategy of segmentation and directing the segment managers to execute the individual segment strategies and related marketing plans
- Craft alliances with key customers, suppliers, re-manufacturers, partners and others to achieve strategic and financial goals
- Idenitfy and drive business development efforts including new product development, new segment development and new geographic market development worldwide
- Provide direct and dotted line supervision to the 2 Segment Managers and their direct reports, Field Support and all marketing personnel
- Execute business strategy by working closely with Senior Sales Management to achieve revenue, market share and EBIT targets.
- Provide leadership to the overall marketing organization inclusive of corporate marketing and other business units to support and enhance corporate brand, image and reputation in the market place.
- Drive cultural alignment, directly engage senior level executives and peers to achieve corporate goals
Business Management (10%)
- Drive the segment planning and forecasting process and influence the production models that maximize EBIT, maximize service and drive down costs for 3 product lines and 7 facilities including alignment with sales organization on volume and growth targets.
- Develop and present periodic sales and marketing outlook strategies and competitor actions to Senior Management; forecast demand, supply, and pricing trends, explain underlying fundamentals that drive monthly and quarterly metrics relative to revenue and pricing allowing senior management and the business team to manage earnings expectations and cash flow.
- Monitor financial, technological, regulatory and demographic trends to identify new market and product opportunities and the effects of competitive activities. Research and make recommendations on potential acquisition and/or joint venture opportunities
- Collect and reportsales data, profitability by customer account, product profitability, use of product types, and trends by market and make recommendations for new product introduction and updates.
- Direct Pricing/Customer Service Manager to achieve all pricing and service metrics including customer satisfaction, lead time management, on time shipping, error rates and operational alignment.
- Oversee and manage all external business and brand communications including promotional marketing, advertising, public relations, business communications and in person events.
- Lead and/or actively participate on multiple cross functional and corporate wide sales, marketing, business development and business model improvement teams.
- Perform all duties in accordance with safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Ability to lead and manage within a matrix organization and without authority.
- Proven track record with experience leading and developing teams (will have up to 6 direct reports and 14-16 additional staff)
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic product, pricing and general business plans
- Well developed analytical, quantitative and financial skills.
- Demonstrated sales and marketing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’of experience in several of the following: business management, marketing, sales, finance, strategic planning and execution. Demonstrated strong track record of success.
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
- Office environment.
- Up to 50% travelrequired to meetings, trade shows, customer visits, seminars and manufacturing facilities.