This is an exciting, newly created role that will build, optimize and refine the relationship with one of our most established institutions (Harvard) and manage our Short Courses portfolio with Harvard which houses one of our most visible programs (Business Analytics). In addition, this role will partner with the broader matrix of teams at 2U/GetSmarter to ensure positive student and business outcomes.
- Serve as the primary liaison that works in the interests of the partnership between 2U/GetSmarter and This includes working with representatives at every level of the University, including leadership. This role work under the management, and with the support, of the dedicated 2U University General Manager.
- Engage and lead the broader matrix teams at 2U/GetSmarter to drive alignment and portfolio performance.
- Plan and implement a broad relationship management strategy..
- Oversee all aspects of the financial performance of 2U/GetSmarter’s business with the university to achieve agreed upon targets
- Provide regular feedback and reports on key areas to University Partners.
- Under the leadership of the General Manager, build our relationship with University Partners and be the link with various 2U/GetSmarter departments to ensure alignment and consistency internally, and to optimize performance.
- Work with the broader team to develop and implement the business growth strategy for 2U/GetSmarter.
- Work in conjunction with 2U’s Partnerships team to facilitate discussions with University leadership about new course selection, development, and presentation to students.
- Attend, arrange and facilitate meetings with relevant University and 2U/GetSmarter staff.
- Ability to engage on key academic development aspects such as curriculum design, scaffolding, assessment and quality assurance.
- Develop a long-term portfolio strategy with your university and lead GetSmarter's executive committee in decision-making regarding course selection and portfolio performance.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure that functional services to the university partner are delivered to the required standard.
- Relevant tertiary qualification(s), preferably postgraduate.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an education environment and/or 5 years’ experience managing external clients/partners and leading large scale internal operations
- Willingness to travel, both locally and internationally.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas would be advantageous, business development, teaching, relationship management, management experience.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role:
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with the ability work and contribute in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, passion and a can-do attitude.
- Confident decision-making abilities and an ability to lead people in order to get results
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change