Santa Clara, CA
Posted 28 days ago
Designs, plans, develops and manages a product or portfolio of products throughout the solution portfolio lifecycle: from new product definition or enhancements to existing products; planning, design, forecasting, and production; to end of life.
• Leads, drives and provides approach for designing the end to end strategy for a suite of product portfolios that can be leveraged across the business unit.
• Provides guiding principles for and defines value proposition, customer segmentation, and business case to bring innovative and disruptive business unit products to the market. (i.e. Product configuration mix, Revenue/margins, financials, market share).
• Sets business unit agenda for and drives synthesizing market requirements (MRD) into marketing/customer details through having intimate customer knowledge and business, financial and industry market acumen.
• Drives integration of the product portfolios lifecycles to business unit goals across all phases of the product portfolio and business unit lifecycle (e.g. planning, development, launch, management, exit).
• Sets teams standards and operational metrics across all portfolios to align with the business unit's strategic goals (ie: revenue unit/margins,market share, quality performance, channel route to market, quarterly financials andon time to delivery).
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, engineering or related field of study. MBA or advanced degree in computer science or engineering preferred.
• 15+ years of work experience in related field.
• Proven ability to define and execute a business strategy that drives operational excellence & profit.
• Strong technology foundation and business acumen and understand the technology strategy in the market
• Demonstrated experience leading people managers.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Recognized industry leader for team and people management skills, ability to mentor and lead teams to achieve results for complex, ambiguous projects.
• Recognized industry leader for skills in cost efficient solution building, financial performance metric creation and analysis.
• Recognized industry leader for knowledge of root cause analysis and problem detection.
• Technical understanding and knowledge of the relevant industry and ability to provide product specific technical training to the team.