About BNP Paribas: BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview: Securities Services is one of the top global custodians in the world. We are the bank for financial institutions, handling operational transactions linked to their securities accounts. Our mission consists of protecting our clients’ assets and managing their operational transactions throughout the whole investment cycle. We do not invest our clients’ assets for whom we act as custodian or administrator. BNP Paribas Securities Services is ranked 5th in the world and the top non-American custodian! Responsibilities: To drive an IT change program to deliver transformation of the current Application Landscape in support of the Business Restructuring. To develop and deliver against a Roadmap that achieves the Target Solution Architecture in balance with maintaining service quality throughout the change lifecycle. Responsible for planning, conducting, and coordinating business programming applications activities. Develops and implements application systems in accordance with planned business results, time frames and budgets; establishing disciplined project management and measurement approaches. Prepares and presents project proposals under established standards and documentation requirements. Directs staff, monitors design process, and creates reports on system processes. Applications under this manager’s line of responsibility include applications that support Mutual Fund Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Custodial Reconciliation, and Investment Performance Measurement. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Contribute to identification of the solutioning for the Target Operating Models and business roadmap.
- Work closely with the business to develop the integrated delivery plan for the associated technology roadmap.
- Co-ordinate a variety of IT projects and initiatives which will be running in parallel
- Ensure that program meet the time, cost and quality deadlines
- Adapt and respond to changes
- Work to resolve conflict and seek compromise and buy-in
- Ensure effective communication, such that there is the ability to facilitate timely and accurate decision-making with the business.
- Directs systems and sub-systems enhancement, package implementation and custom development projects as assigned. Guides development and implementation of these application systems in accordance with planned business results, time frames and budgets.
- Establishes disciplined project management and measurement approaches and ensures the highest quality delivery of services while optimizing performance with each project/delivery.
- Ensures adherence to existing IT methodologies, technology, operations, documentation, and quality control standards, policies, procedures, etc. and coordinates and controls implementation thereof.
- Evaluates information technology development within the industry on a continuing basis, assessing impact of these developments, and recommend specific new technology implementation(s) for assigned projects/products. Provides advice and counsel on the use of technology and systems to achieve established business results.
- May manage some aspects of the annual budget, including hardware, software, staffing, (permanent and contract) and consulting, and operating expenses for assigned projects, and ensure forecasted/re-forecasted and actual expenditures are properly tracked and reconciled.
- Works closely with other members of management (internal and external to IT) on a continuing basis regarding technical strategy for assigned projects/products, as well as works on business issues related to their short-term operations or strategic long-term direction.
- Establishes methods in which to engage other IT departments and establish, in advance of project delivery, roles and responsibilities and required services and support levels.
- Mentors and develops assigned information technology staff and takes appropriate steps to enhance problem solving and technical capabilities.
- Provides periodic reporting to various levels of management regarding individual, departmental, and projects status and progress, identifying issues or potential problems or technical initiatives. Makes recommendations and decisions regarding alternatives or solutions
- Manages exempt and non-exempt staff either directly or through subordinate supervisors. Plans, allocates and monitors work and makes decisions regarding employment, performance appraisal, training, salary adjustments and related personnel actions. Helps to establishes objectives to ensure achievement of department strategy
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Leadership position in a large information technology development project using methodologies and standards
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
- Strong experience in large IT change programs involving reengineering.
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Business case development skills for developing budgets, cost/benefits, and total cost of ownership, ROI, payback and other financial analyses as needed.
- Working experience at a Mutual Fund or Asset Management firm.
- Strong experiencesupporting Fund Accounting, Portfolio Accounting, Custodial Reconciliation, and Investment Performance Measurement.
- Familiarity with Investment Accounting applications and expertise in at least one (ie. SimCorp Dimension (PREFERRED), Advent AXYS/APX/Geneva, PFS PAM, Eagle PACE/STARR, etc.).
- Understanding of financial instruments and compliance with regulatory bodies.
- Experience in the movement of applications and information onto a variety of platforms.
- The ability to successfully communicate with C-level stakeholders in an environment with high expectations where priorities and projects are constantly dynamic.
- Graduate level work in management, MIS or computer science desirable
- Six years in information technology management and/or application development
- Strong knowledge of project management and software development methodologies. Full software lifecycle, structured software development, object-oriented, client server and/or rapid application development experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of computing architectures, data and telecommunications hardware and protocols, network hardware and protocols, middleware and transaction monitors, database management systems, database administration, and object and/or data modeling.
FINRA Registrations Required: