Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
This is a leadership role that will work closely with a proactive team focused on identification and delivery of innovative solutions in an environment which encourages professional development.
Reporting to the Vice President, FP&A, the Director of FP&A position offers the opportunity to work in a high paced, growth oriented private equity backed company. This role will offer a diverse number of focus areas including financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, M&A, and strategic initiatives. Success will depend on a strong, hands-on analytical leader with excellent communication skills, a self-starter and an effective team player.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with VP, FP&A to develop Key priorities, strategies and processes for finance department
- Partner with Head of Sales to develop accurate financial plans and forecasts and make sound commercial decisions providing invaluable support, advice & challenge.
- Prepare Models (Commissions Plan, Productivity models etc.) to align with Financial Plan. Lead discussion with the VP, FP&A and the Executive team to finalize the models and rollouts.
- Lead all Corporate reporting deliverables from FP&A perspective (BOD presentations, Monthly reporting to Equity partners, Monthly reporting to Executive and Management teams)
- Provide the business with high quality strategic financial analysis, insight & advice to deliver financial performance enhancement (variance and trend analysis and ad-hocreporting
- Fully support the VP, FP&A and the Executive team including delivery of presentations, analysis, reports and other adhoc requests and special projects
- Support new business growth initiatives and opportunities evaluating their potential impact on the financial performance of the organization under a range of scenarios
- Drive process automation and optimization to standardize and simplify repetitive tasks
Scope: Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensure operations effective achievement of objectives.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in the corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
Supervision: Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
Interaction: Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
Skills & Requirements
Bachelor's degreerequired and Masters Degreepreferred
Typically requires a minimum of 10-12years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8-10 years and a Master’s degree. Typical range of experience is 8-12years.
- Preferred accounting/financeexperience in a global software industry
- Requiredexperience with US GAAP
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to form relationships with senior management that enables Finance to be seen as a business partner whose input the directors see as essential to decision making
- The position requires a high level of commitment and the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Ability to project manage for successful delivery
- Highly analytical, strategic thinker, prepared to challenge in a constructive manner. A disciplined self starter with a ‘can do’ attitude who is able to work within a matrix organization
- Must have a critical eye for accuracy, data integrity, process issues and improvements.
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to analyse complex financial performance, variances to plan and other data in a simple, effective way for presentation to audience at various levels
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and leadership skills