Blueprint Medicines is seeking an experienced veterinary pathologist that is motivated by the opportunity to have an outsized impact across drug discovery and development. As a Director of Pathology and a member of the larger Quantitative Pharmacology and Drug Safety (QPDS) team, you will leverage your experience to lead our investigative and toxicologic pathology efforts. We look forward to you accelerating our growing portfolio of preclinical and clinical development candidates in a variety of precision oncology and rare disease indications.
- Primary pathology reads on investigative pathology studies, peer-review pathology reads for GLP-compliant nonclinical drug safety evaluation studies. These efforts will include managing molecular pathology tissue assays, diagnosing and interpreting causes of toxicity, and lastly, efficiently communicating your interpretations to a wide audience.
- Manage all investigative pathology and toxicologic pathology-related plans and timelines at Blueprint Medicines. This will include internal studies and those sourced at CROs.
- Lead the toxicologic pathology efforts for drug candidates from early discovery through late-stage clinical development. This will include representing the drug safety group on multi-disciplinary drug development project teams and implementing program-specific risk assessment and mitigation strategies.
- Author and manage the nonclinical sections of US and international regulatory applications, including IND/CTAs and NDA/MAAs.
- DVM with board certification in veterinary pathology (DACVP) and a PhD in pharmacology, toxicology or a related discipline with a minimum of 10 years of pathology experience.
- Experience authoring relevant sections of regulatory applications.
- Passion for effective communication to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and under tight timelines.
- Exceptional project management and people skills.