A successful Program Management Director must have a broad knowledge and experience of program management principles and practices. They must have a strategic mindset as well as be able to lead and develop their subordinates.
The goal is to ensure that every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization and ultimately the end user.
- Lead the planning and development processes across the entire R&D organization
- Build a team of world-class program managers
- Manage milestones & timelines, identify dependencies and constraints, and deliver progress reports. Routinely identify, assess, and develop mitigation plans for events that could impact the success of the program.
- Ensure that information related to program/project progress and issues/risks are being communicated with teams, business owners, and sponsors.
- Jointly with Product Operations, manage tracking program key performance indicators, analyzing results, and ensuring KPIs are met are met
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance, identify bottlenecks and determine the need for improvements
- Orchestrate across disciplines to achieve common goals and meet cross-program deadlines
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
- 7+ years of Program Management experience primarily with software. Experience with SaaS is a plus.
- Proven experience as program director or other managerial position
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods and SDLC
- Skilled at customizing JIRA and building workflows
- Prior experience establishing knowledge sharing programs and systems
- Proficient in initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategies and objectives of the organization, planning programs from start to completion involving reviews, approval cycles, deadlines, milestones, and processes
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Proficient analytical skills using data to derive actionable insights and drive decisions A business acumen with a strategic ability to solve problems across organizational boundaries
- Attention to detail – ability to work with a large amount of content and ability to consolidate, distill and simplify to drive clarity
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing work environment
- Hands-on and get-it-done attitude.