Director / Senior Director Market Access and Distribution
The individual will report to the Executive Director, Market Access and Patient Support Services and will be responsible for providing Market and Distribution Channel direction and management as needed on issues throughout US. Develop and execute plans on product launches, as it relates to specialty distributor and specialty pharmacy accounts. Manage the design and implementation of various contracts with distributors and specialty pharmacies, as necessary and required to ensure clear, stable, and profitable relationships with the trade partners. Collaborate with the Directors of Payer and Strategic Accounts/GPO’s in the development, implementation and pull-through of market access strategy initiatives for national account teams and sales representatives for Incyte products across payer, IDN, VA, GPOs and emerging organizations (e.g., ACOs). Work with Global Value Access and Pricing to understand key initiatives related to pipeline product launch plans globally. Work with Commercial Leadership and Directors of National Account Teams in development and communication of US Market Access launch plan timelines and key activities associated (market research, advisory boards, pricing research and overall strategic planning)
- Responsible for setting strategic direction for the distributionchannel strategy and coordinating with the team to foster and maintain relationships with our selected 3PL, Specialty Pharmacy partners and Specialty Distribution partners.
- Direct and support the various dependencies in market access to coordinate efforts between distribution, and national accounts. Direct engagement to support contracting, data streams and other services as required
- Work closely with the Operations, Finance, and Product Strategy & Sales to provide distributionchannel strategy insight, pricing, market access/emerging market research, specific knowledge as it relates to product flows and future product access.
- Identify opportunities to enhance sales of products, support Product Strategy initiatives, and generally support our product in the trade and specialty channels.
- Provide general direction to the team regarding Inventory status activities including analysis, metrics, monitoring, and documentation of inventory status and buying patterns of the major customers to ensure that no abnormal activity is taking place (such as unjustified inventory build-up.) Identify abnormal buying activities and direct, develop, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Collaborate with US Market Research on new initiatives to support access of our products in the US.
- Provide marketplace surveillance on pipeline products in conjunction with Global Value Access and Pricing (GVAP) access issues and monitor competitive landscape updates and analysis to leadership team
- Attend industry symposiums, conferences, and trade meetings as directed.
- Other Duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Oncology experiencerequired.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in any of the market access segments of the business: reimbursement, health plans, distribution, physician networks, federal marketplace and others
- Advanced degree (e.g. MBA, PharmD, MPH) preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of managed care and state and federal reimbursement sectors.
- Knowledge of CMS policies and processes
- Experience building and managing distributionnetwork including specialty pharmacies.
- Experience creating access and reimbursement resources for national accounts managers
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate information and to prioritize and manage multiple projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing and managing people.