Cypress Creek Renewables is powering a sustainable future, one project at a time. We develop, finance, own and operate utility-scale and distributed solar and storage projects across the country. Fostering a diverse group of innovative thinkers from all backgrounds, Cypress people are drawn to work in a purpose-driven organization. We hope you will join us.
The Cypress Creek development team leads best in class project development, market development and power marketing efforts. The team is active across multiple ISO and regulated utility regions in developing utility scale solar and storage projects.
The Director/Senior Director, East ISOs will be responsible for leading solar and storage project development teams in the PJM, NYISO and ISO-NE markets. The successful candidate will have deep knowledge of these markets; proven renewable project development and transaction experience; strong communication skills and financial acumen; and an ability to drive complex deals to closure.
The Director/Senior Director will lead a team of developers, but is expected to be hands-on as CCR is a culturally flat organization where senior and junior team members work collaboratively throughout the project lifecycle. The Development organization leads asset development from early to NTP stages and is responsible for securing project revenue. We are looking for a team member able to hit the ground running, who is excited by a fast pace and is eager to make CCR the leading solar developer in these markets.
- Embrace and model the Cypress Creek mission and values.
- Develop, own and execute the project development strategy and tactics for Eastern region ISOs, which includes PJM, NYISO and ISO-NE.
- Work closely with Origination lead, Policy, Storage, EPC, Investment Analytics and Project Finance teams to vet and enact said strategy and tactics.
- Manage a team of developers and support staff while providing leadership and mentorship in negotiation, analysis, risk assessment and business development.
- Direct portfolio-wide activities with a focus on budget management and project profitability.
- Manage and collaborate with internal and external resources in the process of structuring, negotiating, and closing project transactions including land agreements, interconnection, tax agreements, PPAs, etc.
- Originate, lead and/or manage due diligence on projects, sites, and counterparties for acquisition projects.
- Analyze and interpret regulations, power economics, input prices and other data by market and provide input to the company’s business plan and development strategy in the aforementioned ISOs.
- Develop and maintain partnerships across retail, corporate and utility off-takers.
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- 10 years of experience in energy project development, with a strong preference for utility-scale renewable experience in PJM, NYISO and ISO-NE.
- Demonstrated success in developing customer/partner relationships.
- Extensive experience in renewables PPA/hedge execution.
- 4 year degree required. MBA or other relevant master’s degree valued.
- Ability to synthesize complex risks and opportunities into succinct and actionable directions.
- Deep understanding of the policy, regulatory and competitive dynamics that drive revenue and market access in the aforementioned ISOs.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative, attention to detail and accountability. Ability to multi-task and work in a deadline driven environment.
- Strong interest in joining a dynamic, value-building environment and being part of a high-performing and collaborative team.
Locations: Open to location in Durham, NC, Washington, DC or remote position depending on experience.