Turning Point Therapeutics is seeking a dynamic Director/Senior Director, Business Development to play an integral role in the execution of corporate strategy and growth inside the organization. Reporting to the VP, Corporate Strategy and Business Development, he/she will be a key member of the business team charged with the sourcing and delivering on corporate objectives through the sourcing, evaluating, and then successfully negotiating all types of alliances and collaborations.
- Coordinate all aspects of business development activities, in and out-licensing, including deal structuring, leading, or supporting agreement negotiations, and the closing of transactions.
- Collaborate with R&D colleagues to develop non-confidential and confidential program presentation material, accurate and with a strategic focus to maximize the value of the project.
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional due diligence teams, collaborating across research and development, regulatory, marketing, finance, legal, and intellectual property.
- Perform commercial opportunity assessments, conducting and incorporating market sizing, competitive landscape analysis, primary and secondary market research, and forecasting.
- Monitor competitive intelligence by keeping up to date on market trends, competitors, and opportunities.
- Ph.D. or MD required
- MBA or equivalent business/financial experience a plus
- 8-10+ years of experience in business development, alliance management, and/or drug development
- A deep understanding of the drug discovery and development process, as well as broad experience in new innovations and technologies applied in oncology.
- A proven track record of structuring, negotiating, and closing complex collaborations with international corporations and academic institutions.
- Ability to work effectively within a fast-paced entrepreneurial company environment and become rapidly conversant with the company’s technology platform and products.
- Proficient planning and organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Strong communication and influence skills and the ability to produce presentations of the highest quality, prepared, reviewed, and approved as appropriate.
- Self-motivated and independent with strong team player capabilities.
- Available to travel domestically and internationally.