DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively network in the industry to establish relationships and identify potential opportunities.
- Define strategies for identifying target markets and competition to grow the Company’s global presence.
- Develop and execute business development plans based on product development results and targeted account opportunities.
- Present Company technology, capabilities and product development results and opportunities to potential and existing partners.
- Structure appropriate partner models to achieve mutually beneficial business results and drive execution of related partnership agreements.
- Pursue "win-win" business plans and models that support and promote Intrexon’s strategy.
- Identify new partnering opportunities that leverage Intrexon’s capabilities related to agricultural technologies and products.
- Identify market unmet needs and nominate product concepts for internal R&D pipeline.
- Secure the necessary internal and external stakeholder support across involved business units.
- Engage with key opinion leaders at conferences, trade events, and other industry-specific engagements to help foster formal and informal communication pathways.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s in Plant Biology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or a related field. An MBA or equivalent experience is a plus.
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience with at least five (5) or more in animal agriculture with a proven ability to access key executives and close deals.
- Successful track record negotiating large-scale, complex business agreements and transactions.
- Knowledgeable of relevant market, competitive, and technology trends influencing the environment industry.
- Extensive contacts in the ag community are desired.
- Ability to apply a well-informed point of view to identify new business opportunities, address partnership dynamics, and shape innovative yet pragmatic business plans that drive tangible market impact.
- Experience working with corporate partners, as well as negotiating and completing agreements is required.
DESIRED KEY COMPETENCIES:
- Initiative and foresight to anticipate and respond to partner needs.
- Agility to adjust rapidly to changing priorities.
- Ability to drive results by responding with a sense of urgency to internal & external partners
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals.
- Demonstration of high integrity.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently on various types of tasks.