- Primarily focused on core banking modernization for all Canadian Retail & Wealth Products and Services
- Supporting the creation of business/IT strategies, reference architectures & target states with detail patterns
- Providing governance and oversight to architecture & design activity in a SVP/CIO portfolio
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Designing architectural technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
- Present and leverage technical information and solutions in a way that establishes rapport persuades stakeholders and achieves understanding and consensus at all levels.
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, the current technical environment and technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs and build multi-year platform/product roadmaps.
- Working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning, retrospective sessions and leading stand-ups.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and problem solve
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 15+ years of software engineering industry experience
- 10+ years of software engineering leadership experience.
- Good Knowledge of finance, human resource systems and AML
- Good knowledge of at least one API frameworks, languages, tools, specification, frameworks, development & client tools: API Blueprint, JSON, Swagger, Java, Ruby, Python
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & development tools & frameworks
- Good knowledge of Data & Analytics as a Service architecture and technologies for Data Lakes, Big Datatechnologies & datawarehousing technologies.
- Strong technical background (i.e. ability to read/write code).
- Knowledge of Azure, Google & Big Data Platform technologies
- Knowledge of most common software architecture & design patterns.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with ability to build and foster relationships with business users, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Requisition ID: 22346