Scotiabank has begun the journey to modernize both development practices and tools. One of the areas being explored is the public cloud and the various platform technologies that support both development and operations on the cloud.
The aim is to reduce costs by providing a streamlined process and framework which will allow the development team to focus on building business logic. We are looking to build our development team with influencers, makers, creators and industry leaders who will drive us forward and enhance the experience of our customers.
- Primarily focused on core banking modernization for all Canadian Retail & Wealth Products and Services
- Supporting the creation of business/IT strategies, reference architectures & target states with detail patterns
- Providing governance and oversight to architecture & design activity in a SVP/CIO portfolio
- Participating in design discussions focused on scalability and design and implementation best practices.
- Designing architectural technical solutions and strategies for software applications and building detail technical design, deployment & implementation patterns
- Present and leverage technical information and solutions in a way that establishes rapport persuades stakeholders and achieves understanding and consensus at all levels.
- Assess and analyze business strategy & requirements, the current technical environment and technology options to evaluate solution alternatives that meet business needs and build multi-year platform/product roadmaps.
- Working on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
- Participating in planning, retrospective sessions and leading stand-ups.
- Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to manage conflicts and problem solve
Required Skills & Abilities:
- 15+ years of software engineering industry experience
- 10+ years of software engineering leadership experience.
- Good Knowledge of finance, human resource systems and AML
- Good knowledge of at least one API frameworks, languages, tools, specification, frameworks, development & client tools: API Blueprint, JSON, Swagger, Java, Ruby, Python
- Good knowledge of microservices architecture & development tools & frameworks
- Good knowledge of Data & Analytics as a Service architecture and technologies for Data Lakes, Big Datatechnologies & datawarehousing technologies.
- Strong technical background (i.e. ability to read/write code).
- Knowledge of Azure, Google & Big Data Platform technologies
- Knowledge of most common software architecture & design patterns.
- Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
- Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
- Attention to details, high standards for quality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with ability to build and foster relationships with business users, project stakeholders, strategic technology partners and external vendors.
- Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- 2-3 years of banking/financial industry experience.
- Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
- Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
Requisition ID: 22343