Lead the security engineering and access management functions for the information security program. Direct system/technology design, program development, quality control and quality assurance testing, implementation, maintenance, and support for all facts of the information securityinfrastructure. Lead and direct large, complex and integrated projects across the organization. Work closely with executives within the business units to ensure the appropriate securitytechnology is in place, monitor performance and to develop strategy for future technologies and programs to accommodate business needs in the specific business areas. Foster staff communication with various Business and Technology Units within the company. Coordinate with external entities to design, develop and implement new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Technology and Product Development
- Participate in the securitytechnology and product planning process with other members of management and affected external partners.
- Work with business partners in a way that demonstrates excellent understanding of their needs and engenders a high degree of confidence that the desired result will be achieved with a clear balance between requirements, security and risk reduction.
- Ensure released securitytechnologies and products have all prerequisite controls to meet business and regulatory requirements, able to integrate with othersecuritytechnologies, fits within our reference architecture and operationally efficient.
- Develop a strategy, and corresponding securitytechnology stack, that focuses on an identity centric, high visibility, orchestration and automation approach.
- Develop innovation solutions that allow H&R Block to remain competitive in the marketplace
Strategic Planning Direction (25%)
- Meet with Executive Management, Peers, Marketing, Regional Directors, Field Representatives, Franchisees, external partners, and various focus groups to receive feedback on current systems and to brainstorm enhancements for future technology and development initiatives. Serve on various executive steering committees for other IT and Information Security projects.
- Plansecuritytechnology and product cycles and product quality reviews to help set the technical direction.
- Ensure representation of HR Block at industry meetings and with software and hardware vendors.
- Ensure that goals and objectives for the organization align with strategic priorities.
- Understand how information security can be applied to improve tax operations productivity, and/or help the business gain competitive advantages.
Resource Management (15%)
- Leverage global technology center capabilities to expand the labor pool to other regions
- Provide leadership and ongoing status updates. Coach managers on interviewing skills, supervising techniques, performance management, and training options.
- Evaluate staffing needs and hire staff based on workload, timeline, and priorities. Determine best staffing solution (i.e., contractor, temporary, or regular HRB associate).
- Monitor organizational productivity and provide staff members with technical direction and growth. Provide regular performance feedback to staff members.
- Conduct annual and quarterly reviews. Ensure that the management staff provides timely, accurate reviews for their staff.
- Periodically review and modify job descriptions of staff to ensure essential functions of the positions are current.
- Prepare and manage departmental budgets. Review and approve staff requests for hardware / software upgrades and replacements. Approve supply order forms signed by department managers; approve local purchases; and approve invoices for payment.
Project Management (10%)
- Approve initial project requests.
- Direct the development of proposals, statements of work, RFP’s, and RFI’s.
- Ensure external partner and vendor coordination across projects.
- Oversee project change control processes to track project scope changes. Manage communications with all HRB executive business partners, external partners, and project stakeholders.
- Ensure project post-mortems are conducted to provide process improvements in future projects.
- Monitor the project development schedule to ensure that all projects are on track for timely completion with high quality.
- Inform the IT Senior Leadership and executives within various business units of technology and software delivery schedules and other pertinent project details.
- Work closely with the RTM’s and Technical Support group at the Customer Contact Center to ensure that quality customer service is provided.
- Develop, implement, and continuously improve communication and escalation processes for all severity levels of issues reported through the Customer Contact Center.
- Ensure staff provides responsive third tier support to the Contact Center and Tax Offices. Set performance goals and objectives for production support.
- Deep expertise in the information security industry; specifically, within the areas of architecture, engineering and identity and access management.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Taxation, Accounting, Business Administration or related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of releaseschedules, tight deadlines, and competitive demands
- Seven years people and/or product management experience with increasing levels of responsibility; demonstrated skills with performing organizational design, performing risk assessments, setting priorities and negotiating competing priorities.
- Eight years project managementexperience to include experience using Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project management methodologies and the ability to manage large projects with multiple priorities.
- Experience with cost benefit analysis NPV calculations in preparing/reviewing business cases.
- Experience developing and managing a multi-million dollar budget (greater than $5 million).
- Ability to manage a 24/7 global support.
- Ability to translate business strategy into product strategy.
- Ability to balance what are often times competing priorities between various product customers.
- Demonstrated leadership/management, strategic planning, negotiation, and influence management skills.
- Ability to work with external vendors, guide groups toward a vision, and deal with ambiguity while leading geographically dispersed groups toward a common vision.
- Possess good business liaison capabilities. Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Exceptional listening skills. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from senior executives to staff level. Strong presentation skills necessary to communicate and influence a wide range of audiences.
- MBA or Master's Degree in Computer Science.
- Twelve years information securityexperience
- Ten years management experience.
- Five years Project Managementexperience.
- Experience managing relationships with external technology partners, resellers and service providers
- Extensive knowledge of IRS procedures, tax software and electronic filing.
- Knowledge of HR Block tax operations.