Being the largest private employer in the Central Valley means that people count on us to improve their quality of life. At Community Medical Centers, your role as a Director of Security plays an integral part in directly affecting those we serve. Here, you will actively feel and see the impact you have in fulfilling the central purpose of our mission: “to improve the health status of the community”.
As a Director of Security with Community Medical Centers, your organizational skills and ability to manage various assets for each project is fundamental to our success. You are a self-starter and will bring a systematic and disciplined approach to help turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions.
We can offer you challenges to professionally grow AND the resources to succeed. By joining our team at Community Medical Centers you will have the resources and development opportunities to make a difference in the community you live in, as well as grow your career. If you are committed to excellence in your profession and seeking a career that matches your passion for helping people then continue reading below!
Opportunity. Challenge. Growth.
- Directs the System wide security operations for 3 hospitals and associated facilities in Central California.
- Primary facilities include: Community Regional Medical Center, Clovis Community Medical Center, Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital, Community Behavioral Health Center, and Community Sub-Acute Transitional Care Center.
- While based at Community Regional Medical Center, regular travel will be required to all facilities within the System.
- Plan the course of the department to meet financial/budgetary requirements and ensure the quality of services provided are appropriate.
- Develop policies and procedures which are clearly defined to instill a philosophy of protection and preparedness which is cost effective and efficient for the health system, while being consistent with Joint Commission standards.
Experience and education minimum requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Criminal Justice or Healthcare related field.
- Minimum of seven (7) years recent, progressive, managerial experience
- Knowledge of healthcare security and program development principles, techniques, and managerial skills typically acquired from seven (7) years of progressive supervisory experience.
- Valid California class “C” driver’s license and driving record acceptable to Community Medical Centers.
- Possess Certified Healthcare Protection Administrator (CHPA) issued by the International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (IAHSS).
- Valid California Guard Card issued by the Department of Consumer Affairs within the first year of employment.