HP delivers the world’s most secure and manageable PCs used by governments, defense organizations and international corporations. Today's IT threats strike businesses from many places and from all angles. Security must cover every entry point with multiple layers of protection. To stay competitive, businesses need security solutions that are simple to deploy, manage, and customize, while also being easy to use.
To continue and expand HP’s leadership in the market as the "most secure and manageable PC", this role is for a highly-skilled, multi-faceted director-level security product and strategy manager who will be responsible for the Commercial PC security portfolio within the Product Marketing organization.
This includes providing leadership for a team that will define the product portfolio, taking input from regions, the competitive view, the market, and key partners (such as Microsoft, Intel etc).
As a Director in the Product Marketing organization, you will lead a team that defines product specifications and strategy, as well as build a security assessment practice from scratch.
What you will work on:
- Build a world-class team of security product management.
- Build a security assessment practice from scratch; includes setting up the practice, hiring talent, building processes, doing sells-in, and building a funnel of potential assessments.
- Manage a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the security strategy and product management for Commercial PCs but by adjacencies, for all of Personal Systems (PS)
- Interact internally and externally with executive leaders to provide guidance on strategic security choices
- Work tightly with engineering to deliver on security roadmap, making the necessary trade-offs and timelines for delivery of the portfolio
- Envision and communicate product strategy and functionality.
- Initiate and foster relationships with other functional and business groups (internal and external)
- Direct and ensure the curation and implementation of strategy through subordinate managers and senior individual contributors.
- Work in cross-functional teams and provide input on security strategy across other business groups (eg Commercial Personal Systems, Workstations etc)
- Work with worldwide marketing to build GTM strategies for security product launches.
- Work across partner ecosystem to find/develop strategic partnerships with security product vendors.
Who we are looking for:
- Functional expertise and broad market knowledge is critical.
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills.
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills, and thorough understanding of product development and product management.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 10 or more years of security product management or related experience preferred.