- Identifying and monitoring potential geopolitical and security risks to the firm’s staff, facilities and operations worldwide; display a flexible approach to shifting circumstances and priorities
- Imaginative and flexible approach to mapping incidents using a visualization system
- Oversight of ad hoc desk-based threat assessments and monitoring of social media feeds.
- Ability to identify political and security issues of relevance to the company and their likely consequences, especially in a commercial context
- Strategic oversight of production of standard daily situational awareness reporting based on existing input sources and including company-specific impact statements
- Overseeing successful coordination with external organizations as to security, emergency preparedness, emergency response, communications and training and exercises
- Critical incident response management
- Data-driven (metrics) reporting
- Travel safety and security
- Security alarm monitoring principles
- Preparing and managing the overall MSOC operating budget, including vendor management of the outsourced vendor
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor degree (preferred degree or minor in Liberal Arts)
- 5+ years operational management experience in a Global Security Operation Center, Emergency Operation Center, Command and Control Center or similar security and intelligence center operation in a corporate environment
- 5+ years’ experience in preparing annual or fiscal year budgets for the facilities identified above including staffing, equipment purchases (hardware/software) and annual vendor maintenance agreements
- Demonstrate experience / interest in monitoring and analyzing international security and political developments in a professional context
- Excellent people and project management skills.
- Formal training in the planning, implementation, maintenance, and management of central alarm, access control, and closed circuit television systems.
- Prior experience leading and managing all aspects of a corporate control center
- Prior experience serving as the Incident Commander in a sustained emergency event working with external emergency response partners