The Director, Security Operations Center (SOC) is a senior position within Cybersecurity Steady State Delivery leading several managers and teams within SOC and reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Big Data and Cyber Security North American Operation. This position serves as a central point of contact for information Security Operations event management and Security Service Delivery. The SOC Team is responsible for many facets of information security management including, but not limited to, SOC monitoring, event analysis, threat detection, incident response, and reporting as well as access fulfilment and managing Security incident and request tickets to resolution.
As a leader in Cyber Security, this candidate will have ample opportunities to mentor, support, and contribute to multiple teams and initiatives that affect the entire organization through secure usage of technology, industry standards, and best practices.
- Leads the North American Security Operations Center (SOC) team to include Tier-1, Tier-2, Tier-3, contractors and associated personnel, providing first line supervision to direct reports.
- Develops and manages staffing requirements to ensure contractor is recruiting, hiring, training, developing, and retaining highly qualified team members.
- Ensures SOC receives timely and effective training on all current and new technologies and processes.
- Leads the development and implements SOC processes and review their application to ensure that the SOC’s controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
- Influences and improves upon existing processes through innovation and operational change.
- Provide management oversight for the identification, triage and response of events or incidents of apparent security breaches.
- Monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends/executes change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
- Ensures that the SOC meets and exceeds the expectations of each customer, including meeting customers’ SLAs and priorities.
- Develops and monitors key performance indicators, determines gaps in performance metrics, and recommends/executes change management techniques for efficiency/quality improvements.
- Evaluates existing technical capabilities and systems and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Drive automation and efficiencies through rigorous process documentation and enablement of tools.
- Ensure team compliance with Security standards such as ISO38500 or ISO27000, SOC Type 1 and 2, and aligns to the ITIL framework for service delivery.
- Build a team that collaborates with other departments to help resolve client issues and improves Verizon’s positioning with independent analysts (e.g. Gartner).
- Ability and willingness to travel (globally).