The Security Director will manage overall security operations and investigative functions of hotel/casino complex. This position is responsible for ensuring all applicable laws, regulations, statutes and ordinances are complied with; also that all policies and procedures of the company are firmly and fairly enforced. Directly responsible for ensuring all investigations conducted are thorough and complete. All duties are to be performed in accordance with department and company policies and procedures.
- Manages overall security operations and investigative functions of hotel/casino complex including company assets, casino floor and customers and team member security and safety.
- Continuously evaluates staffing levels in accordance with business demand, forecasts, and budgetary guidelines; ensuring necessary adjustments are made as needed.
- Manages Human Resources responsibilities for assigned department(s) to include: creating a work environment that promotes teamwork, performance feedback, recognition, mutual respect and employee satisfaction; quality hiring, training and succession planning processes that encompass the company’s diversity commitment; adherence to the company’s status quo third party representation philosophy; compliance with company policies, legal requirements and collective bargaining agreements.
- Plans, develops and directs staffing, supervision, training and equitable treatment of all security Team Members.
- Endeavors to ensure that all applicable laws, rules and regulations of the company are firmly and fairly enforced.
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, thoroughness and completion of all investigations
- Develops and maintains good rapport and liaison with public safety agencies, regulatory and compliance, and local hotel and casino security departments
- Provides customer service training and ensures all standards are maintained by the team.
- Creates and manages budget, audits and internal documents/records
- Keeps informed of changes in technology related to security and investigative equipment and systems (incident management, alarms, locks, cameras and radios)
- Shared responsibility with all to ensure the cleanliness, repair, safety and professionalism of the property, ensuring all areas are maintained at the highest level of standard, by either addressing the issue personally, or when necessary, contacting the appropriate department immediately to handle
- Ensures all guest questions and concerns are addressed immediately, either personally, or by contacting the appropriate department, supervisor, or member of management, to obtain the answer to the question, or obtain assistance in resolving the concern. Owns the situation until the situation is resolved, or the guest is in direct contact with the Team Member who will resolve the situation
- Other job related duties as requested
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
- Security Shift Managers
- Training Manager
- Investigations Manager
- Safety Manager
- Special Events and Projects Manager
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Management, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least four (4) years of management experience
- At least three (3) years of working experience in security
- Effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms
- Previous experience in law enforcement, military or private sector, in a Manager or Director capacity preferred
- Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
- Previous experience working in a similar resort setting
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- MA Gaming License
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- Knowledge and understanding of resort, casino and/or hospitality investigations
- Extensive experience in verbal and written investigative reporting
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all business contacts.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Regular scheduled hours : Work Days: Varies Hours: Varies
- Other – Must be flexible if needed for occasional work outside of normal business hours.