Tracking Code 671-180
By joining Forsythe, you will help clients make smart IT investment decisions that deliver real results. Whether it’s securing data, managing risk, lowering costs or improving performance, you will work side by side with our Fortune 1000 clients on their data center and business needs.
With Forsythe Data Centers, you have the opportunity to be part of a company that is bringing to market the first facility of its kind with private, secure, and cloud-ready data center suites. The new facility houses a technology evaluation center where clients can see their planned solution in action.
Visit our case studies page to learn more about how we help our clients.
As a 100 percent employee-owned company, our employees have equity ownership and are committed to six core values: integrity, mutual respect, passion for excellence, accountability, client focus and teamwork.
We are currently looking for a Director - Security Consulting to join our team as part of our national Security practice.
The Director – Security Solutions sells and designs best-in-class technology solutions for Forsythe clients and is responsible for the development, growth, and quality of consulting services. This position identifies and creates new business opportunities at existing clients, drives revenue growth and meets financial objectives through the successful execution of consulting engagements.
- Lead client service delivery of large, multi-discipline client projects; lead assessments; architect and oversee a team of IT consultants in implementing complex, cross-discipline IT infrastructure environment projects.
- Lead the identification, service offering, and client strategy for new and innovative solutions to achieve business goals. Resolve critical issues and contribute to organizational development.
- Create clear, concise proposals and contractually sound Statements of Work, reviewing staff work on the same, ensuring accurate project estimating and pricing.
- Build long-term, superior client relationships in partnership with teams and colleagues, and cultivate a ’trusted advisor’ basis to grow accounts and attain follow-on sales.
- Frequently interact with executives and/or major customers at client site, which involves negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Ensure client service delivery is effectively managed on all dimensions: budget, timeline, quality, deliverables/outcomes, teaming/collaboration and updates/communication.
- Manage stakeholder expectations (internal and external), and ensure that change control is used when scope boundaries are exceeded.
- Maintain a strong network and promote organization at various meetings, forums, panels, conferences, and publications. Establish thought leadership in the industry.
- Develop and/or leverage Forsythe intellectual property including sales collateral and delivery methodologies.
- Monitor adherence to operational and financial objectives, budgets, schedules, performance requirements, work plans, and contractual obligations.
- Serve as a player/coach leading by example. Enable “apprentice” or “on-the-job” learning.
- Security is every employee’s responsibility, if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Forsythe Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- CISSP required
- CISM, CHS or equivalent desired
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor desired
- Program/Project Management Professional (PgMP/PMP) or equivalent desired
- Ability to interact effectively with senior executives and to cultivate ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with them. Ability to convert these relationships in to follow on sales.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen; highly capable of understanding business issues and strategies as well as advising on value added technology solutions at the highest executive levels. May have depth within a specific industry vertical.
- Ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the industry and company while encouraging a culture of flexibility and agility.
- Possesses expertise in a specific technology domain and a solid background in IT infrastructure and services solutions.
- Expertise in applying Agile Methodologies and Framework, LEAN practices , Project Manager Professional (PMP) methodologies, and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework.
- Proven ability to manage or oversee delivery of complex IT consulting projects inclusive of multiple products/vendors, multiple project work streams and teams of technical experts at all levels.
- Proven ability to maintain a large, influential network of contacts with visible industry presence.
- Proven ability to achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction on all engagements.
- Communicates in clear, concise and crisp messages to a variety of audiences that instigate appropriate actions. Ability to adapt communication styles to meet clients’ needs.
- Effectively presents in a variety of formal and informal settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement.
- Establishes a collaborative approach to problem solving ensuring that solutions generated by the team from various disciplines are tested and proven.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year College or university in Management, Engineering, Computer Science, or Technology related field; OR equivalent experience and/or training in information technology/systems, consulting experience in IT infrastructure, finance and/or operations management; OR equivalent combination of education, experience, and/or training.
- Advanced degree, preferred.
- 10 years of IT security experience required
- 4 years of client facing IT security consulting experience required within Fortune 1000 customer environments
- 4 years of compliance experience with ISO, HIPAA, SOX, GLBA, or FISMA/NIST required
- 4 years of supervisory experience managing teams in excess of three people required
- 4 years of Big 4 consulting experience or equivalent preferred