Reporting to the Senior Director –Operations Accounting and Infrastructure, The Director,-SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting is responsible for the preparation of all external financial statements and compliance reporting. The Director must remain current on new GAAP pronouncements and SEC regulations as they are released and assess the impact to the Company. The Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over the financialreporting process and the actual filings with SEC and other regulatory bodies if assigned. The director also responsible for providing technical guidance with recent accounting policy developments. The director role is responsible for the verbal and written communication with senior leadership and external auditors for technical accounting, reporting, and accounting policies. The director will assist with all technical accounting projects and related activities.
- Prepare and review SEC financial filings for TETRA and CSI Compressco, including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable.
- Review monthly financial statements for TETRA and CSI Compressco, including consolidated balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Manage external audit process, including managing timely completion of audit PBCs by applicable personnel.
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting processes and insure that key processes are performed as prescribed.
- Support acquisition transactions through assistance with financial due diligence, fair value measurements, accounting and disclosure issues.
- Assist with enhancement of internal controls and SOX requirements for new lease accounting and reporting requirements
- Assist with the reporting of the new revenuer recognition standard , including assisting division controllers with revenue recognition requirements (as needed) in day-to-day revenue recognition accounting and reporting, including month-end and quarter-end reporting requirements
- Review and interpret contracts to determine proper revenue recognition and lease accounting treatment; advise business partners on structure and terminology
- Research new technical accounting standards, including writing position papers that supportinternal and external users. Work with accounting teams to implement and operationalize those new accounting standards
- Interface with internal customers on complex technical accounting matters involved in developing the company’s position on complex and judgmental accounting topics
- Support special projects that may require dedicated resources to perform research and analysis, training, and mentoring others
- Assess internal control requirements, identify and communicate internal control issues and opportunities as well as support the resolution of issues as they relate to the implementation of new accounting standards
- Provide ad-hoc research, reporting and analysis
- 10 plus years of related work experience
- Minimum of 4years of experience preparing key SEC filings, including, but not limited to, forms 10-K, 10-Q, MD&A, footnote disclosures, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a proven ability of writing technical accounting memos to diverse audiences.
- Big 4 or National firm public accounting experience
- Deep knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules and regulations
- History of meeting statutory deadlines under tight time constraints.
- Proficiently access and manipulate data for creating financial analyses and other formal presentations.
- Work independently and be able to solve non-recurring problems through strong leadership.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing environment
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is a geographically diversified oil and gas services company, focused on completion fluids and associated products and services, water management, after-frac flow back, production well testing, offshore rig cooling, compression services and equipment, and selected offshore services including well plugging and abandonment, decommissioning, and diving.
Headquartered in The Woodlands, Texas, TETRA® is a global company with employees and operations on six continents. We were incorporated in Delaware on February 6, 1981 and trade on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol TTI. Our indirect, wholly owned subsidiary Compressco Partners, L.P. trades on the NASDAQ under the ticker symbol CCLP.
TETRA Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.