The Director SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting will lead the Company’s SEC reporting and Technical Accounting functions and works cross-functionally across the Company on SEC reporting and technical accounting matters. The successful candidate also plans and helps drive the quarterly drafting and review cycle including the quarterly meetings with leaders of the business functions. The role is a key member of the CFO organization and will collaborate with department leaders on the SEC reporting processes and regulate the flow of information and supporting documentation required for accurate and timely reporting of required filings and disclosures and understand the Company’s products, services and the required regulatory reporting requirements and disclosures.
- Lead the planning, coordination and preparation of the Company’s SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8K, etc.) across all functions and affected teams including but not limited to legal, marketing and finance, etc.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the monthly and quarterly consolidation and financial reporting process and resulting financial statements
- Support and review annual proxy and other SEC files ensuring accuracy of applicable financial information
- Support FP&A and Investor Relations with investor deliverables such as earnings releases, investor Q&A and other presentations
- Participate in the annual audit and quarterly review process with external auditors, the accounting team, and finance
- Support the equity accounting function related to share-based compensation, EPS and forecasting process related to same
- Support the finance and accounting team with timely and insightful research, documentation and guidance on technical accounting matters, including complex and non-standard transactions such as revenue recognition, derivatives, equity and debt offerings, adoption of new standards, and general corporate accounting matters
- Assist with the development of financial policies regarding operational changes, internal control requirements, and technical accounting requirements
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed.
- Exhibit the highest ethical standards while demonstrating accountability and ownership
- Eight to ten years of “Big 4” experience or the equivalent public company experience with comprehensive hands-on working expertise of U.S. GAAP, Technical Accounting and SEC reporting
- Excellent accounting and analytical skills with great attention to details
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Certified Public Accountant and Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience (accounting preferred)
- Experience with SOX 404 and internal control over financial reporting
- Experience with SEC reporting tools and XBRL preferred, but not require