Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Leads team of skilled accountants responsible for the preparation for Company filings.
- Prepares financial statements and disclosures for the Company’s filings, including, but not limited to, Form 10-Q, Form 10-K and statutory filings. Prepares supporting schedules and documentation for information contained in external filings.
- Works closely with senior leaders through the external reporting process. Liaises with Legal and Investor Relations regarding required filings and external reporting.
- Prepares benefit planfinancial statements and makes recommendations to leadership.
- Primary owner of quarterly and ad hoc financialschedules and analysis for senior management and external auditors.
- Supports Corporate Controller with analysis, projects, and or communication directly to Senior Leadership.
- Review of all external financial presentations and provide recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Primary partner in the review and analysis of divisional/commercial monthly financial statements.
- Assure proper management of the adoption of new accounting pronouncements.
- Responsible for the development and execution of company accounting policies.
- Oversee the preparation of the monthly calculation of common shares outstanding and projected shares outstanding and monthly and quarterly common stock reporting.
- Oversee the preparation of the periodic calculation of stock option valuations and maintain support for the calculation of related employee stock option compensation.
- Bachelordegree in Business with a concentration in Accounting
- Active CPArequired
- A combined 12+ years of experience is required (preferably at least 8+ years of experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm and additional 4+ years at a global Fortune 500 company, preferably in the medical device and/or life sciences industries is desired).
- Substantial experience in and working knowledge of authoritative U.S. GAAP technical accounting research and application
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and collaborative skills
- Must be able to make judgment calls regarding the resolution of issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proficient in technical accounting writing ability
- Ability to multi-task on competing and deadline sensitive priorities
- Ability to work effectively with all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and process orientated.
- Ability to effectively manage direct report team members and collaborate multi-functional dotted-line