Director, Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
Drive strategy to grow existing SEM channels. Responsibilities include but are not limited to overall direction and profitability of the SEM line of business; overseeing the staffing, design, development, prioritization, and implementation of SEM strategies working cross functionally across the senior leadership of the Company. Focused on developing and implementing SEM strategies that will grow top line revenues, increase client retention through value delivered, and decrease effective costs of doing business; all of which directly contribute to the EBITDA or Net Incremental Contribution Margin of the SEM line of business.
- Oversees strategic roadmap and initiative prioritization, developing SEM management annual and periodic objectives as contributing to the corporate objectives and goals. Approves and monitors business cases and corresponding activity. Executes on product strategy and launches new products and product features to market.
- Manages the SEM line of business budget, direct internal and vendor expenditures, toward the assigned budget or makes cases as appropriate for funding to accomplish business objectives.
- Works cross functionally for resource planning and allocationinternally and with vendors, toward both the growth of the business, and the internal costs to maintain and improve the SEM line of business net incremental margins.
- Develops and constantly evaluates relationships with existing and new partners, within and out of the digital space; toward the strategic growth of the SEM line of business.
- Report delivery and interpretation at assigned frequencies to Senior partners and Executive management on SEM line of business initiatives and status. This will allow for continual coordination withother teams and line of sight to the SEM business
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Information Sciences, Information Technology, Business Administration; MBA preferred.
- 10 years of experience managing medium to large paid SEM campaigns
- 8+ years of experience in all facets of SEO, PPC and Google Analytics
- Must have provided analysis for SEO and PPC campaigns
- Prior digital agency experience working across multiple accounts
- Expert knowledge of the online media space: products, solutions, and publishing
- Proven track record in creating successful and scalable digitalproduct solutions, previous product management experience is required
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Expert financial understanding of the coordinated efforts of a multi modal digital solution and publishing enterprise
- Visionary leader for value creation internally and externally through track record of success
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and management skills
- Ability to motivate people and manage resources effectively
- Proven leadership skills in achieving objectives of the function in the enterprise
- Competitive mindset to enter and win in an already competitive marketplace
- Blend of business and technical savvy skills as well as an innovative perspective on problem solving
- Experiencewithsales/channel and operations is a plus