The Director, Search and Evaluation, will work in collaboration with key stakeholders at Biogen to lead efforts to proactively identify and scientifically/technically evaluate external growth opportunities, provide unique and differentiated value-adding insights, and develop and articulate investment proposals to senior R&D leadership.
For this unique opportunity, we are seeking individuals who are curious, thoughtful and driven to apply intelligently their scientific training to better understand the strategic drivers in the biomedical industry in a fast-paced, excellence-driven and diverse working environment.Responsibilities:
- Serve as a scientific "source of truth" by proactively identifying and providing expert scientific and technical assessment of therapeutic opportunities and promising science and technologies across the preclinical and clinical spectrum. Integrate disparate data sets with an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Evaluate emerging business-development opportunities by working in close partnership with key research, clinical, business development, legal, financial and commercial colleagues across Biogen with a primary focus on the scientific and technical merit to advance (or exclude) opportunities for further diligence.
- Responsible for leading deep scientific and clinical cross-functional due diligence teams to deliver distilled/differentiated viewpoints, to identify key outstanding questions and to articulate rational next steps toward identifying and developing investment proposals for presentation to senior leadership
- Establish key networks, both internally and externally, to survey proactively the emerging scientific and technological competitive landscape in therapeutic/disease areas that are (or might become) of strategic interest to Biogen, with a strong focus on near-clinical (pre-IND/CTA) through early/mid-clinical development programs
- Demonstrate an ability to rapidly understand, distill and clearly communicate complicated, and often limited, multidisciplinary information
- Must have subject matter expertise and understanding of the scientific, technical and competitive landscape(s), to develop scenarios and prosecution rationales, and to make thoughtful recommendations that will enable key senior stakeholders to position Biogen optimally to compete successfully in highly dynamic environments
- Individual contributor role
- MD and/or PhD in the life sciences or related field (e.g. neuroscience drug discovery/development) with 6 years of relevant biopharma industry experience with thorough understanding of drug discovery and development process
- At least 3 years relevant experience working in and a deep knowledge of the neuroscience therapeutic area.
- Candidates are required to problem-solve, think critically on their feet and deliver results in a timely manner and at the highest levels of excellence
- We mandate a strong scientific background, analytical mindset and outstanding communication skills
- Applicants will need to be results-oriented and work well both independently and in teams
- Strong project management, process-facilitation, organizational and operational skills are required
- This opportunity targets scientists seeking to remain engaged in the field while leveraging the breadth of their experiences, yet with the flexibility of a business development/consulting role
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to influence others to reach common goals
- For this unique opportunity, we are seeking individuals who are curious, thoughtful and driven to apply intelligently their scientific training to better understand the strategic drivers in the biomedical industry in a fast-paced, excellence-driven and diverse working environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.