Req ID: 180500 The Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Scripted Creative for the Stage 13 department.
Under the direction of the SVP/Head of Scripted Content, the position works on the ideation, development, and production of scripted series/film content for Stage13, WarnerMedia's award-winning studio focused on diverse and inclusive stories. The Daily
- Work with SVP/Head of Scripted Content and General Manager to establish and iterate scripted content strategy with a focus ondiverse, distinctivevoices, talent, and IP.
- Drive process and manage creative on projects from pitch, development, production, post-production, and marketing. Work directly with creators on concept/script development. Coordinate and manage critical information and workflow with production team and stakeholders. Review episodic material and give notes throughout all phases from development through production and marketing.
- Bring in talent and material with high conversion potential.Seek out untapped markets and cultivate relationships with creative communities locally and/or globally for IP, creators, and partnerships. Identify and connect with notable talent aligned with Stage13's mission for potential partnerships.
- Review and provide analysis on new and existing slate of material and projects. Provide clear and rigorous assessments based on key variables (e.g.: story, talent, market, audience, culture, etc.).
- Develop pitches and presentation decks. Pitch projects and creators to potential partners, talent representation and buyers. Track and forecast relevant cultural and market trends across a variety of mediums, formats, and platforms.
- Initiate and manage relationships with talent, agents/managers, production companies, network executives, and partners. Tap into networks to acquire necessary market intelligence to support internal strategies.
- Ensure high level of quality control, cultural integrity, and authenticity throughout creative and production process.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 7 years' experience within the U.S./global entertainment industry.
- 2-4 years direct experience in TV/film production development and/or digital media/streaming preferred.
- College degree or equivalent required
- Master's degree preferred
- Expertise and passion for diverse and global stories, talent, and IP.
- Track record advocating for and collaborating with diverse voices and talent.
- Experience collaborating with talent early on in their career and/or identifying unique voices, break-out material, or ideas at early stages.
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following:developing ideas/scripts with new and established creators; on-set producing (series, features, and/or short form); creative talent development/management.
- Direct relationships with talent, curators/programmers, representation, producers, and buyers.
- Working knowledge of marketplace, buyers, talent representatives, and executives particularly, across scripted series space.
- Passionate, curious and discerning consumer of tv, film, pop culture, art, literature and media. Has a clear point of view and taste while open and perceptive in assimilating new ideas, sensibilities and perspectives.
- Nuanced grasp of audience tastes and trends across fan affinities, generations, and mindsets. Tapped into the social and cultural zeitgeist.
- Strong grasp of story, structure, and genre fundamentals across mediums ats.
- Entrepreneurial and innovative in approach to sourcing and developing IP and talent
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills, judgment, and diplomacy managing senior managers, stakeholders, talent, and partners.
- Skilled in identifying and addressing intersectional issues in creative/production process with sensitivity and diplomacy.
- Top quality presentation and communication skills with ability to read the room.
- Skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple projects at same time with fast-paced/fast-changing environment.
- Strategic thinker and problem-solver.
- Results-oriented, highly self-motivated.
- Willing to be adaptable and flexible working in off-hour schedules.
- Willing to travel
- Must be able to pay close attention to detail.
- Must be well organized.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Must be able to set up and maintain accurate, up-to-date files and records.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must be able to work under constant deadlines.
- Must be able to work additional hours if needed.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.