The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is currently seeking a Director, Satellite Practice to work in hospital-based eye centers (Plantation and Lennar). The Director, Satellite Practice coordinates strategies to provide technical, imaging and administrative operations at BPEI hospital-based eye centers (Plantation and Lennar) assuring the provision of high quality care and excellent service delivery in compliance with regulatory standards.
Core Job Functions:
- Monitors/Reports service productivity according to organization/industry standards to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness, and quality of patient outcomes
- Conducts daily purposeful rounds among service pods at regular and irregular times to evaluate patient wait time, reassign staff to address service gaps and reduce bottlenecks
- Collaborates with ophthalmology service director monthly and providers to standardize technician protocols per service
- Participates in the design and development/renovation of space for the business unit on an as needed-basis, including ordering appropriate equipment, instruments and imaging equipment
- Develops and coordinates action plans for technology continuous improvement
- Hires, terminates, promotes, counsels, and evaluates employee performance appraisals based on objective measures
- Participate in ophthalmic technician staff education program
- Develop mentoring program for senior technicians and imagers to precept junior staff
- Develops and ensures adherence to department annual operating and capital equipment budget, in accordance with University guidelines and policies. Participates in financial analysis and planning including monitoring, reporting on monthly budget variances and opportunities to improve performance, and accurate cost-centered accounting
- Monitors contractual obligations and ensures consistency with departmental budget, goals, HIPAA and programmatic initiatives
- Evaluates existing internal controls and approval processes and recommends improve for fiscal and operational efficiency
- Partners with IT to ensure imaging platforms and applications meet service, quality, patient safety and HIPAA standards including Eye Care PACS, Merge (image storage/retrieval), modalities (such as Zeiss, Heidelberg, etc.)
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
Minimum Requirements: .
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Master's degree in health related field (preferred)
- Six sigma green belt (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years' experience as ophthalmic technician or photographer
- JCAPHO certification COMT (preferred)