The Director, Retirement Solutions Division (RSD) Sales Training is responsible for building capacity and competency of Sales Training staff; creating professional development opportunities and training pipeline; and ensuring compliance with training requirements of regulatory agencies. Works closely with business leaders to execute training initiatives in alignment with the RSD strategy, including developing and implementing training courses and curriculum that ensures assigned employee groups have the necessary skills and tools to successfully accomplish their position requirements. Drives team vision and purpose, demonstrating results that meet/exceed current year plans. Serve as leader to build and deliver learning capabilities for the RSD Sales organization and drives results for multi-division projects as needed. Proposes, leads, and delivers large scale learning and development initiatives to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
The Director, RSD Sales Training leads a staff of Instructional Designers and Sales Trainers. A summary of job responsibilities include:
- Develop staff in both technical and job performance skills including instructional design methodologies, organizational knowledge, writing and project management skills.
- Select and manage resources, set clear performance expectations and drive accountability.
- Drive the creation and delivery of effective learning solutions and enhancements and maintenance of existing content libraries. Learning solutions include: traditional instructor-led workshops, virtual-led classroom training, and a variety of eLearning solutions. Training scope include both ongoing learning and onboarding of new hires throughout the RSD Sales organization.
- Implement the RSD Sales Training team's vision through managing the execution of a wide-variety of initiatives including training on products, sales processes, and technology.
- Ensure an effective needs analysis and measurement strategy to evaluate performance and demonstrate training's impact on the employees and business goals.
- Optimize processes and ensure effective use of training tools and department procedures.
- Stay abreast of learning professional trends to ensure learning solutions support evolving requirements of RSD Sales organization users.
Minimum Qualifications & Experience: List knowledge, skills, abilities, mental demands and behaviors; i.e. # years of experience, education level preferred, licenses and/or certifications, tolerance for multiple demands, ability to work with others, etc.
- Minimum 7 years in a leadership capacity, managing and developing direct reports.
- Minimum of 10 years of creating and delivering effective adult learning solutions. Experience in the financial services industry preferred.
- Successful track record of strategic leadership, setting and executing to strategy, and managing tactical projects and resources to align with strategy.
- Successful track record of managing large-scale projects involving internal/external teams and resources with measurable results.
- Successful track record of working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders at different levels.
- Demonstration of excellent facilitation and presentation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Commitment to excellence.
- Creative, flexible and innovative team player.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, managing multiple projects and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or certifications in related field preferred.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 registration preferred.