Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Director, Sleep Sales Training Lead will play an integral role within the Sleep Business Unit. The candidate will be responsible for creating a training and learning strategy for the sales force to build and develop competencies to execute the Sleep Business Unit objectives. They will develop, train, and help execute seamless product launches while enhancing the existing product curricula aligned to those objectives. They will determine the appropriate cadence and delivery of training activities across the portfolio. This person will be a strategic leader as well as a hands-on training specialist.
The candidate will work cross-functionally with the Sleep BU Leadership team and conduct on-going needs analysis. This analysis will help inform a sales enablement strategy that includes blended learning, measurement and metrics, and technology to support brand and sales leadership initiatives. They will help drive business line success through innovative on-boarding programs for new employees, and deliver focused training on our Sales Excellence competencies; product/scientific knowledge, selling skills, and business analytics/planning.
The individual will report to the US Sales Training Lead.
- Collaborate with leadership to establish training initiatives that translate strategy and tactics of the brand teams into actionable behavior by the field sales team. (Core and Advanced training programs)
- Serve on leadership teams to ensure effective cross commercial programs and activities (e.g. Product Marketing, Commercial Operations, Sales Leadership, Human Resources, Regulatory and Compliance)
- Lead the development and execution of Solriamfetol training strategy and launch experience
- Lead the on-going enhancement and execution of Xyrem training strategy
- Proactively assess knowledge gaps (current and future) within the business unit and work with the appropriate internal partners to develop programs to address the gaps in a timely manner.
- Lead and develop a group of sales training managers and regional sales trainers which will supply product and skill based training across the Business Unit.
- Work collaboratively with sales, marketing, regulatory, legal and compliance to coordinate the design, and then directing the development of training workshops to support the National Meeting, various POA Sales Meetings, and product launch meetings.
- Understand the culture and values of the organization and champion both the department's and the company's vision.
- Effectively direct the activities of external consultants and Sales Training team members. Minimize and optimize when necessary the employment of external consultants and controlling cost and efficiencies in-house.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead the organization by developing and communicating a compelling vision and sense of purpose for the function
- Strong Business Acumen and Drive for Results
- Demonstrated cross-functional experience generating support and commitment for recommendations enhancing the organization’s performance
- Demonstrated leadership skills, with a track record of developing and leading others
- Strong strategic thinking, planning and organization, and critical thinking skills
- Experience writing and developing training programs and materials, launch experiencepreferred
- Approximately 30-40% travel is required, during certain intervals travel may be significant
- The position is located in the Philadelphia, PA office however qualified candidates may alternatively work in the Palo Alto, CA office. Relocation to a home office is required.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of combined Pharmaceutical and/or Bio-pharmaceutical sales and field sales management experience
- 3+ years in a Sales Training role within the corporate office environment
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Frequent travel between meeting sites
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequently operating a computer laptop or tablet, sometimes not at a work station
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.