Director, Sales Training & Development
FUJIFILM, SonoSite, Inc . We are an innovative and high performance culture with tremendous opportunities. People who work here are given the unique opportunity to contribute to the advancement of healthcare throughout the world. Headquartered in Bothell, WA USA, FUJIFILM SonoSite is represented by a global distribution network in over 100 countries. Since its inception, FUJIFILM SonoSite’s lightweight, robust products have created and led the point-of-care ultrasound market. From sophisticated urban hospital emergency rooms to clinics in austere, remote villages, FUJIFILM SonoSite systems are used by over 21 medical specialties and provide clinicians around the world with a cost-effective tool for improving patient safety and workflow efficiency. FUJIFILM SonoSite holds a number of prestigious design awards and has in excess of 145 patents.
As a Director, Sales Training & Development you will be responsible for building and delivering high quality training and development experiences while continually evaluating the effectiveness of the programs. You will Plan, direct, lead, manage, and execute the development, design, and delivery of selling skills, clinical knowledge, product skills, competitive knowledge, and management skills programs. Support increased sales effectiveness through state-of-the-art training. Develop programs that lead to increased ability to achieve field sales objectives. The professional will be ambitious, strategic, hands-on, analytical, collaborative, detail-oriented, and relentless in pursuing growth.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create the mission statement, vision, and operating principles for the Education function.
- Own the operational elements of the Education function, including future headcount planning, hiring, training, and experimenting with new initiatives
- Work with senior management to align training curriculum with strategic objectives.
- Partner with subject matter experts across the organization for training content.
- Assess training needs for selling skills, product knowledge, and competitive knowledge.
- Assess needs for management training such as recruiting and selection, coaching and counseling, etc.
- Determine the appropriate mix of training vehicles, such as: web-based, home study, classroom, etc.
- Collaborate with sales management on training design and delivery.
- Evaluate and improve program effectiveness through defined KPIs, testing and user feedback. Facilitate and deliver training as required.
- Work in the field, as required, to assess needs and evaluate training effectiveness.
- Establish standards for new hire training as well as for incumbent sales and management staff.
- Develop product-specific and market-specific training programs and materials.
- Develop assessment tools to validate and document learning and proficiency.
- Identify areas for further development and continuous improvement.
- Develop and implement a knowledge certification program.
- Develop regional trainers to assist in the delivery of classroom training programs, and provide local expertise.
- Develop training workshops for sales meetings.
- Experience with course authoring and content delivery tools and usage-tracking systems.
- Ability to challenge legacy behaviors and the status quo.
- Strong leadership skills with hands-on experience as an individual contributor, and ideally with building and leading teams.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with cross-functional teams while being flexible and responsive to dynamic situations and changing priorities.
- Capacity to develop training that will provide the sales organization with the information, content, and tools to help them sell more effectively.
- Develop “train-the-trainer” program for regional trainers.
- Update training programs with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Responsible and accountable for carrying out the requirements of the company's quality system.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required
- 7-10 years successful sales, sales management, and training experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Candidate should possess excellent leadership skills and have the ability to partner with colleagues across various departments
- Candidate should have knowledge of the instructional design process and must possess strong proof-reading abilities
- Must have good facilitation skills to foster a high level of interaction and participation in training sessions
- Should be a change agent and strong advocate for organization initiatives – must possess and portray a positive “can do” attitude.
- Ability to lift 25lbs with or without accommodations.