We have been retained by a local manufacturer of precision components and tooling made from a variety of materials used by Fortune 500 companies and other leading manufacturers throughout the world.
We are looking for the best and brightest for these Director Sales position in our corporate western Pa office in . You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, cost of living, the compensation and quality of life.
Is this you???
Director Sales & Technology
Under moderate supervision, develops, directs, and implements plans and development projects to improve and expand the organization’s strategic market positions and to achieve growth and financial profitability. Manages the planning, research and execution of the organization’s objectives and strategic plans in order to achieve business opportunities, growth and financial profitability.
Oversees and participates in development activities involved building on company’s strengths, identifying potential new markets and business opportunities, increasing share of market and obtaining a competitive position in the industry.
Responsible for the development, growth and maintenance of the company’s customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
· Develop a yearly comprehensive Business Plan with quarterly and monthly formal reports.
· Responsible to implement ‘Fixes’ if accounts are not performing to goals.
· Meet or exceed annual sales goals and profit dollars for assigned accounts
· Implement annual comprehensive tactical sales plans to enhance company’s market penetration and sales and cash flow growth for each assigned account.
· Develop comprehensive insight on competitive landscape of Stamping industry as it relates to directing future market penetration strategies and understanding our major competitors.
· Introduce clients Industry products, service, and capabilities to a new set of customers. Implement written goals for each outside salesman in terms of calling on new accounts and growth.
· Solicit requests for quotes, screen out non-applicable requests and qualify quotes. Must keep an official log of all quotes to ensure great customer service and to provide periodic summaries of quote activity.
· Follow-up outstanding quotes and report findings to Sales management and Quotations department.
· Implement given programs to address major customer, product and market initiatives that will have positive impact on the corporation’s immediate and future sales needs.
· Assist with maximizing profit dollars and terms for client during customer negotiations.
· Help ensure that customers pay within agreed terms.
· Assist in negotiations linked to long term contracts.
· Communicate technical and/or sales/marketing information through written trip reports obtained during telephone contacts and/or sales visits.
· Oversee and direct reporting Sales team members along with active Rep Groups with goals and objectives. Direct visits and assign customers.
· Oversee and direct reporting Quotation team members. Review applicable quotation packages. Develop strategies to meet sales goals.
· Directs and assists staff members in setting goals and evaluates staff performance relative to attainment of individual goals.
· Exercise prudent sales cost control and report through expense account reports.
· Research and identify potential new customers, markets and / or products to clients Industries.
· Develop qualified sales leads through sales techniques, including tele-marketing screening techniques.
· Direct all VA/VE activities as it relates to stamping business.
· Represents Company at trade shows to promote clients products and services.
· Decipher customer comments to recognize and define if the customer's comment is in reality a customer complaint. If so, submit a written Customer Complaint Form to the Customer Service Manager/Inside Account Manager.
· Assist the Customer Service Manager with the complaint resolution, when appropriate.
· Interface with divisional managers and quotation employees prior to visiting customer facilities.
· Maintain an understanding of our Quality System including an understanding of QS-9000, ISO-9001, 13485 and AS9100C principles and practices.
· Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
· Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to clients safety and security procedures.
· Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
· Other related duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time, visit customer facilities, including domestic and international travel, and travel between departments and divisions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will periodically have to travel through manufacturing departments. The atmosphere is a climatic office setting, and the employee will spend the majority of his time in transit. The employee is required to travel, including internationally.
· Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
· Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, product prints, and procedure manuals.
· Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards and methods.
· Must possess good negotiation skills.
· Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
· Must be able to understand written correspondence.
· Must have an in-depth understanding of OI products and services.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
· Must employ good cross functional team skills.
· Possess the capability of setting up and operating clients products.
· Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as safety glasses and safety shoes.
· Must be self motivating and able to handle many responsibilities.
· Must have a working knowledge of computer programs such as Windows applications.
· Must have the ability to implement business proposals and marketing strategies.
· Must have the ability to interface with many diverse cultures.
· Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing preferred.
· 10 Years salesexperience in a comparable industry.
· Multiple years experience in a precision manufacturing industry, with a technological focus, preferred.
The preceding is presented as a matter of occupational information and guidance only, all such other reasonable tasks, duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary may be included for satisfactory performance.
Contact me via email with resume and salary requirements to: code MCMOBERSALESDIR OR if you know a candidate that might be qualified for this role and your refer them we will pay a $500.00 "referral bonus" if your candidate is hired.