Hilton's Commercial Services organization is comprised of over 5,000 team members driving our sales, revenue management, call center, and analytics functions. These functions are the core of Hilton's commercial engine and are key to Hilton's ability to drive profitable growth.
What will I be doing?
As the Director, Sales & Revenue Management Focused Service Division, you will manage the development and execution of strategic revenue generating initiatives for the portfolio of Focused Service hotels that maximizes profitability for the hotels in order to achieve budgeted revenues and market share targets.
More specifically, you will:
- Support the hotels in the development, implementation and achievement of their annual business and market plan objectives.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and assistance relating to the execution of revenue optimization, policies and standards as established by Hilton.
- Attend executive meetings at each property as required. Balances time effectively between hotels and divisional responsibilities as needed.
- Capitalize on Hilton revenue management programs and resources to improve and maximize mix of business opportunities.
- Actively participate in customer facing events, calls and meetings with ownership as required.
- Provide coordination of joint initiatives and other hotel/brand synergies to maximize exposure and profitability.
- Support the solicitation efforts of the sales staff through effective oral and written communication while providing a strategic direction of rate, date and space commitments for group room sales of the property, to include annual planning for targeted growth by segment.
- Develop and implements strategic and tactical plans to maintain current base and increase the hotel's share in both transient and group segments.
- Develop tools for revenue generation; provides training and guidance on implementation and continued learning.
- Travel to hotels as needed for in-person.
- Provides support for the coordination of on-going research of the travel industry (local and national market) to detect market trends and related information for development of new revenue generating strategies.
- Advise on the efforts to improve potential from various existing and new markets.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to owners, Area Vice Presidents / Area Directors, General Managers, Directors of Sales and partners of the portfolio of hotels that provide insight to performance, strategic plans and tactical execution.
- Assist in developing, training, implementation of divisional programs, procedures, processes and policies.
- Work with other members of the regional team to coordinate additional support where needed.
- Provide strategic revenue management plans within the hotel to include rate development, establishment of group thresholds, space utilization policy, deployment strategies through the review of competitive data, demand analysis and market mix management.
- Oversee and maximize revenue contribution from major distribution channels.
- Works effectively towards utilization and adherence to systems standards: sales information, group sources, revenue management systems and lead sources.
- Build a positive relationship with the Senior Director to engage and align with revenue management partners; align with needs and strategies to drive revenues.
- Participate in industry organizations as needed.
- Maintain an open line of strong communication between clients, guests, employees and management.
- Input and retrieve information from computer systems for file maintenance, correspondence, and preparation of forecasts and sales input.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for visionaries, who are passionate about hospitality and who love to have the chance to create revenue improvements. The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Consistent track record of successes in achieving revenue objectives
- Ability to recruit, motivate and train sales team
- Strong analytical skills that contribute to analyzing industry trends and adapting to changing markets
- Manage extensive amounts of information and provide constructive feedback/direction
- Multi-tasker who prioritizes multiple projects and activities with a cool-head under time constraints, effectively executing concurrent demands
- Deep understanding of Excel and creating master templates for divisional
- Self starter with excellent time management skills. This includes working on multiple initiatives at a time under tight deadlines while handling expectations of all partners
- Ability to produce sales communications
- Works effectively both independently and in a team
- Ability to delegate, lead and organize complex projects and establish priorities consistent with Sales Department and Hotel objectives
- Effectively work together with Area Vice Presidents, Area Directors, General Managers, Directors of Sales, Sales staff, Clients, Owners, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Creative presentation skills, including crafting and delivering impactful presentations
- Lead multiple projects, meet and work effectively under time and resource constraints
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to listen, communicate goals and set expectations
- Strong communication skills, including diplomatic collaboration, and sharing those messages with a broad range of audiences
- Self-motivation skills enabling you to take initiative on identifying, prioritizing and implementing tasks that are in keeping with core strategic goals
- Mentoring skills to advocate and implement professional development for self and direct reports. This includes adhering to performance feedback standards
- Problem solving skills to find creative solutions in developing, prioritizing and implementing strategic plans
- Budget development skills that lend to tracking expenses against commitments, setting priorities for funding and developing annual budgets
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ten (10) years of professional experience
- Seven (7) years of experience in the Hospitality Management, Sales or Revenue Management field
- Four (4) years of management experience
- Three (3) years of previous operation/sales leadership experience
- Multi-unit management experience
- Travel up to 50% of the time
- Experience working in a global environment with multi-cultural teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Additional/advanced degree coursework in business administration, sales and communication
- OnQ certification
- OnQ Rate & Inventory certification
- GRO experience