Director, Sales Operations
North Highland is looking for an experienced Director of Sales Operations to join our collaborative team of experts. If you are astute, driven, and passionate about influencing revenue growth through strategic sales initiatives and would enjoy working closely with our Chief Marketing Officer to affect that growth, we are interested in learning more about you.
The primary objective of this role is to optimize our approach to sales to drive revenue growth.
This will be enabled through:
- Close alignment with portfolios and account teams
- Enhanced collaboration and integration with our BD, Operations, and Marketing teams
- Clearly defining metrics and measurable objectives with visibility through dashboarding
- Supporting our model of accountability where our teams have shared understanding of and agreement to our Sales Pla
Sales Analytics & Insights
- Analysis/evaluation of ‘activity’ performance at the person, account, asset level
- Provide insight from analysis across a number of internal/external sources
- Identify points of weakness/success factors, why is a portfolio underperforming, etc.
- Inform investments by client stage within portfolio (Core, Grow, Maintain, Emerging)
- Client Sat and Brand research Salesforce ‘product owner’
Analyze multiple selling systems
- The sales operations role works to identify and optimize people, processes, and technology within the portfolio of revenue teams in the sales organization.
- For example, drawing out insights and recommendations from multiple data sources that positively impact our sales pipeline and drive revenue.
Identify success patterns
- This role will drive standards of performance and activity at territory levels that are consistent with predefined success criteria for the sales organization.
- The sales operations role helps to realize the business strategy by driving change and improving technologyutilization across the sales organization.
- For example, driving client acquisition by working with finance, HR, and sales leadership to improve product launches through a data-driven approach.
- 10+ years in Business Operations or equivalent function with significant exposure to field sales teams, experience in services consulting, preferably with some engagements that provided exposure to services operations, sales and finance
- Experience collaborating with marketing and dedicated proposal/pursuit teams
- First-hand knowledge of field selling functions including forecasting, pipeline management, reporting, key motivators, processes, opportunities and challenges is a significant plus
- Stellar problem-solving skills with an understanding of finance, statistics and predictive modeling. Must be results oriented and able to move forward without complete information
- Strong senior executive engagement and influence skills
- Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis, yet translate those results to easily digestible messages, communications, and presentations
- Strong presentation skills
- Master-level proficiency in Salesforce (Lighting a plus)
- Assertiveness, directness, and a “company first” mentality
- Flexibility and ability to adjust on the fly to new demands; sense of urgency
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus, but not required