The Director of Sales Operations will track and report on existing clients and contracts. This role will be active in identifying new target markets and accounts for the sales team to pursue. The environment will be fast-paced, highly analytical, and entrepreneurial as we test, refine and implement new approaches to lead generation for both the new and established offerings.
This position is based in the New York City headquarters and will play a critical role in the future growth and success of the most influential sports and entertainment agency in the world – Roc Nation.
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes used within the sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization's planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within Roc Nation
- Develops territory assignments/optimization to maximize sales productivity including assessment of existing book of business, market size and total addressable market across segments, roles, and industries
- Supports the equitable assignment of quotas and ensures quotas are optimally allocated to all sales channels and resources by aligning existing and prospective accounts by geography, account type, and market segment, coordinating with all internal stakeholders.
- Apply statistical analysis to identify the top new business prospects and candidates for various types of upsell and cross-sell initiatives
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales management to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assists sales management in understanding process bottlenecks and inconsistencies. Facilitates an organization of continuous process improvement
- Monitors the accuracy and efficient distribution of sales reports and other intelligence essential to the sales organization. Recommends revisions to existing reports, or assists in the development of new reporting tools as needed. Manage special projects, as needed, by the business to help drive sales performance
- Provide input to senior leadership in the development and administration of sales incentive compensation programs. Working with Accounting, Finance, and Human Resources, provides assistance with sales incentive compensation administration on an as-needed basis, or when required to arbitrate or clarify the application of sales compensation program policies and procedures
- Support the day-to-day departmental and cross-functional initiatives
- Manage and oversee the GSP P&L (Travel & Expense, Events, COGS)
- Monitor market-level KPIs to identify, assess, and communicate emerging trends to Executive Leadership
- Facilitate new business development proposals and initiatives as directed
- Help sustain a positive, entrepreneurial and high performing culture to facilitate delivery of strategic goals
- A Bachelor's degree. MBApreferred.
- Minimum 5 years of business experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong project and time management skills
- Ability to analyze large data sets and provide insights and recommendations to executive leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business judgment
- Experience working with a high-performing sales organization
- Strong, detailed knowledge of enterprise and mid-sized business sales cycles; previous experience in a sales role is a plus
- Prior experience developing and managing sales rep account lists a plus
- Candidate must also be a self-motivated individual, quick on their toes, and show initiative to go the extra mile