Director Sales Operations- Ward Village
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the SVP of Sales & Marketing, the Director of Sales Operations fosters close working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the sales organization’s efficient operation and success. This position will work collaboratively and cross-functionally with key stakeholders: Sales Leadership, Executive Staff, IT, Finance, Marketing, Clients, Escrow Companies, Client Lenders and appraisers. This individual will also oversee contracts department, all escrow related activities, contract auditing, amendment distribution, lead management and rotation, and collaborates on owner related communications and activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Sales Operations Manager Primary Responsibilities fall into 2 main categories:
- Develop and implemented policies and procedures for the Howard Hughes Residential Division.
- Designs, implements, and assists with sales forecasting, planning, and budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in planning, forecasting, and budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Provides leadership to the Sales Operations organization, and counsel as well as strategic approach to the SVP, Sales & Marketing. Manages staff.
- Develops, administers and communicates commission plans and tracking. Ensures that commission plans are evaluated annually to ensure that they are in keeping with the goals of the company.
- Management of the sales-related documents in the development process including the review of the residential property management agreement and management of compliance with local and national statutes and required updates.
- Document Management and distribution of all purchase agreements, notices and amendments for the development.
- Manage the options and upgrade process including the buyer selection process.
- Assists in the development and management of the sales plan. Prepares forecasts, including significant input into strategic planning and the direction of the business/projects.
- Reports and tracks performance against plan for all aspects of the sales group across a variety of key performance metrics. Implements metrics to generate data and tracking for decision making.
- Provides knowledge and experience-based leadership to the business (particularly Sales, Finance and Marketing) to guide effective decision-making and continuous improvement
- Interacts regularly with Sales Leadership, balancing a drive for accountability to plans/projects and the maintenance of effective business relationships
- Provides oversight to pricing and purchase contract compliance as well as all legal
- Creating value-added reports from the Salesforce.com system
- Close interaction with and data analysis to support Marketing teams
- Make recommendations to Sales and Executive leadership on approaches to increase sales performance
- Create tools and mechanisms to raise the skill sets of the sales organization
- Ensure that all Sales staff is following exceptional database hygiene and completing the standards of our lead management to perfection guidelines.
- Manage the entire contracts and close of escrow process. Ensure that P&S agreements and legal docs are always up to date and ensure that contract packages are always at a suitable level.
- Responsible for preparing closing documents and coordinating follows-up on all necessary post-closing tasks.
- Assist in auditing completed contracts and check for closing statement accuracy.
- Update Salesforce to ensure that all purchase related documentation is completed (inventory assigned, dates completed, status notes completed etc.)
- Ensure that we are capturing all leads and accurately recording traffic sources. Ensure all walk-ins complete Registration Cards with contact information on all visits regardless of qualification level.
- Collaborates on the home owner orientation program and Pre-Closing Inspection process.
- Compile sales and marketing reports for management as necessary through the use of the database.
- Assists SVP, Sales & Marketing with oversight of Hawaii sales team and general day to day sales office and operation.
- Collaborates with Director, Japan Gallery on sales, contract documentation, and escrow process.
- Assists SVP, Sales & Marketing to ensure team compliance with all aspects of sales systems, administration, database and support management, with on-site and off-site sales activities.
- Assist and support SVP, Sales & Marketing and other senior management in achieving business objectives
Broker in Charge to support Principal Broker
- Manages and supervises the brokerage firm and its real estate licensees.
- Develops policies and procedures for the brokerage firm concerning the handling of real estate transactions and the conduct of the associated real estate licensees and other staff, including education and enforcement of the policies and procedures;
- Sets policy on continuing education requirements for all associated real estate licensees in compliance with the statutory requirement;
- Ensures that the licenses of all associated real estate licensees and the brokerage firm license are current and active;
- Establishes and maintains a training program for all associated real estate licensees; and ensures that all associated real estate licensees are provided information and training on the latest amendments to real estate licensing laws and rules as well as other related laws and rules.
- Responsible for the education, enforcement, and records required of such policies and procedures.
- Maintain the residential division’s Policies and Procedures (P&P) manual current.
- Manage IT vendor relationships and take a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Create standards and P&P for Escrow Process. Ensure this process if followed across all projects.
- Work closely with Escrow & Title companies to ensure that escrows are being processed timely and efficiently.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience.
- This position requires multi-tasking, and extensive organization and follow up with the ability to lead and coordinate all aspects related to the operation of a real estate sales office, including database management, contracts and closings.
- Prior experience working with clients and consultants required.
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat Pro.