Agios (Agios.com) is a biopharmaceutical company committed to applying our scientific leadership in cellular metabolism to transform the lives of patients with cancer and rare genetic diseases. We are growing rapidly with an active research and discovery pipeline across both therapeutic areas. Agios has two approved oncology precision medicines and multiple first-in-class investigational therapies in clinical and/or preclinical development.
The Director of Sales Operations is responsible for establishing and delivering on vision for the sales/commercial organization, enabling timeline and effective sales team execution, while continuously improving processes and capabilities. This is a highly visible and multi-faceted role, as responsibility includes interfacing across entire commercial team while developing successful cross department relationships. To achieve success, the Director of Sales Operations must be passionate and proactive visionary in developing, gaining adoption, and executing projects in support of sales and commercial department strategies. The individual must be a strong leader, extremely well-organized, detail-oriented, and quality-minded while possessing excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Provide overall leadership and management of Sales Operations function and associated system responsibilities: CRM (Veeva), data systems, 3rd party vendors, operational execution, incentive compensation, sales force sizing/alignments and targeting, performance reporting, and field policies.
- Identify, continuously improve, integrate and communicate all sales processes and policies, including but not limited to, CRM, incentive compensation program, performance reporting & analytics, etc.
- Develop and execute standardized sales performance reporting and analytics with the goal of an environment allowing team to make specific fact-based recommendations to support management decision. Develop and maintain standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the sales team
- Delivers leadership, vision, and direction to ensure Agios commercial team is maximizing “best in class” sales automated systems, reporting and tools via innovative and valuable training programs for new-hires and established teams. Identify, leverage, and manage vendors in support of established projects and strategies.
- Develops strategy and environment that can effectively and efficiently deliver sales operation support of commercial team’s strategic and tactical business objectives.
- Develops and manages significant cross-functional relationships. Key interdependent partnering relationships will exist with US commercial leadership team (Sales & Marketing, Market Access, Commercial Analytics) and IT, Finance, Legal, HR, Medical and Compliance.
- Directs Agios field sales size, structure, alignment and targeting related projects. Defines business requirements and assists in design, implementation and maintenance of sales force alignment in partnership with identified outside vendor and internal key stakeholders.
- Responsible for leading department functions to ensuring accuracy and integrity for all compliance-related policies, reporting and programs in support of established requirements.
- Develops, implements, and effectively directs vendors in support of Agios Sales Operations efforts. Establishes working partnership with Agios Leadership to enable the implementation, monitoring and optimization programs.
- Ensure that Sales Operation department is aligned and support the Agios business marketing, market access and sales strategies.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 10 years’ experience in Sales and Sales Operations related functions within the biotech/pharmaceutical industry
- 7 years’ experience in oncology, rare disease, or specialty highly desired
- Pharmaceutical product launch experience
- MA/MS/MBA degree
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Exceptional business and commercial acumen, with analytical skills
- Experience modelling potential compensation structures
- Self-motivated with demonstrated strengths managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment, and driving them to completion with limited direction
- Proven leadership abilities
- Highly developed influencing skills
- Drive for continuous improvement
- Ability to communicate in a clear, simple, concise manner to a broad field sales organization
- Skills and experience coordinating and leading across functions to drive projects and outcomes
- Creativity, self-confidence, and flexibility