ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leading the North America Business:
- Clean up current distribution of product and re-establish the appropriate distribution strategy across different segments of business (key accounts, department store, specialty, resort, etc.) to successfully launch the Jack-Wolfskin brand in North America
- Lead the execution and delivery of sales objectives, consistent with company values, in support of company volume, profit and market share objectives.
- Develop specific customer segmentation, marketing, and sales strategies to achieve both short and long-term goals.
- Manage pricing strategies and be the primary owner of establishing seasonal MAP policies for partners.
- Develop annual and seasonal plans to achieve revenue goals, within the sales budgets for the region, to achieve profit contribution goals.
- Understand the marketplace and leverage this information to make strategic business decisions relative to customer and consumer initiatives.
- Responsible for using reporting and analytics from various sources provided to maximize business in partnership with German Headquarters.
- Frequently solicit and gather market share insights and create a feedback loop for the Jack Wolfskin NA team to determine future assortment needs to support accounts.
- Work closely with the business process & analysis team to build the necessary reporting tools to recap sales information for internal and external partners.
- Balance short-term tasks against long-term strategic initiatives
Leading the Team:
- Assess and determine the optimal sales structure in order to maximize results.
- Hire, train, coach and develop Sales Representatives.
- Establish success measures and KPIs for sales organization.
- Organize and lead seasonal sales meetings.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Outdoor industry expertise required
- Strong ability to lead, motivate and elevate a team of sales professionals while at the same time providing organizational enthusiasm for all that is Jack-Wolfskin, both internally and externally.
- Highly skilled in strategic leadership, talent management, team motivation, and change management
- Fact-based decision making with a pragmatic view of the marketplace and of the opportunities within it, but also one who brings recommended solutions to problems and issues at hand.
- Able to establish sales targets and objectives and provide tools and leadership to support achieving those goals
- Highly skilled in developing and managing organizational budgets
- Excellent business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Understands importance of brand building and an ability to manage development of the brand in channels assigned
- Able to learn new products and positioning in the marketplace
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 10 years sales experience
- Outdoor industry experience required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Account management experience required, different channels of business preferred
- Sales management experience strongly preferred