The Director, Sales and Marketing Operations supports the commercial organization in ensuring successful execution of customer and field facing tactical initiatives. This role will oversee field incentive compensation and sales reporting, sales force automation, fleet operations, speaker programs and conferences, and Promotional Review Committee (PRC) activity.
- Strategic oversight of Horizon field sales force with regard to field force alignment, field sales reporting, sales force automation, incentive compensation, and fleet operations
- Strategic oversight and execution of key marketing operations tactics, which includes:
- Strategic planning in collaboration with brand marketing, vendor management, contracting, and tactical execution, tracking and reporting on all metrics
- Commercial oversight and execution of key commercial and field processes, including vendor/system management and tracking and communicating metrics
- Commercial accountability for effective medical-legal-review process in collaboration with regulatory partners; commercial contracting; materials management and fulfillment
- Attract and retain top talent; coach and develop team to achieve clearly defined goals and expectations; effectively communicate and collaborate across internal cross-functional teams and with stakeholders to ensure successful execution and alignment on accountabilities
- Drive initiatives in support of sales force effectiveness
- Deliver fact-based recommendations on ways to improve operational practices and processes to increase overall sales force success
- Support ad hoc projects and tasks as needed
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Master's Degree in Business or Marketing preferred
- 10-12+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with relevant experience in project management, marketing, sales operations, data analysis, and decision support
- Forward-thinking, ability to lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to prioritize decisions and activities, ensure efficient use of resources, and take a holistic view of the business in order to ensure efficiencies and alignment with cross functional stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills with keen attention to detail, the ability to take ownership of issues, to work independently with confidence, and to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and synthesize complex data to support decision-making and to develop strategic and actionable business plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise judgment and discretion
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees and demonstrate strong teaming and partnering skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Professional, proactive demeanor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires approximately 10-20% travel, including some overnight and weekend commitments