Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
ExamFX, a division of Ascend Learning, helps insurance and financial services companies license their employees. ExamFX is an industry leader in Professional Pre-Licensing, providing online training and assessment for those preparing for their Insurance and Securities exams.
We are searching for a Director, Sales in our ExamFX business unit. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Director will have responsibility for managing and leading a team of sales professionals with a keen focus on delivering on ExamFX’s sales goals.
This role will be responsible for managing a sales team and driving the sales team’s annual sales objectives and initiatives which satisfy all growth and revenue objectives for the business unit. This position will serve as a thought leader anticipating the educational needs to help drive new business and expand relationships with current customers. This position will have the responsibility for the selection, development and performance of sales team’s members. This includes managing performance activity on an ongoing basis.
Additional responsibilities include:
· Maximize client relationships by assessing their business needs and offering creative solutions, education, and services.
· Maintain and improve existing relationships through increased interaction, introduction of sales ideas and marketing support.
· Sponsor and participate in client seminars and events to increase our customers' business.
· Develops annual sales plan in support of organizational strategy and objectives.
· Ensures communications are coordinated, support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements.
· Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
· Manages multiple channel selling strategies.
· Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives.
· Relentlessly focus on our customers. Strong pulse on our client base, prioritizing our largest and most strategic accounts.
· Along with other sales leaders, build a sales plan that realistically delivers double digit revenue growth and accretive EBITDA growth.
· Hire, manage, and mentor a highly effective sales team. Attracts and retains the best sales people in the industry.
· Drive new solution ideation via our customers (team members), working closely with the product development team.
· Bachelor’s level degree in business, marketing or another business-related field.
· A minimum of 5+ years sales and business development leadership experience demonstrating a high level of success tied to organization building, meeting and exceeding revenue targets and entrepreneurial insight.
· Understanding and experience within the financial services industry including but not limited to the insurance and securities industry, brokerage distributionchannels and their respective industry trends.
· Financial acumen related to forecasting, profit and loss statements, balance sheets and other financial instruments.
· Ability to travel a minimum of 25% of the time.
Preferred Experience & Qualifications:
· Past professional experience having successfully established sales practices, selecting, training, motivating, compensating, evaluating, sizing, establishing structure and setting goals for high performing sales organizations.
· Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and deliver results in a team environment.
· Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-3-year timespan.
· Management: the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Sales leadership within an educational and/or healthcare related environment preferred.
· Ability to navigate crucial and courageous conversations for organizational resource optimization.
· New product launches sales tactics for execution.
· Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
· Technical skills in strategic planning and sales planning. Employee training and development.
· Strong customer orientation.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills including presentation skills.