The Director Sales will plan, direct, coordinate and strongly influence the development and execution of sales, marketing and merchandising programs to grocery channel food stores and other independent retailers that meet regional and company financial goals. As with all positions at KeHE, we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE’s Mission, Vision and Values.
- Develop and execute sales plans and programs to ensure the sales and profit growth of Plentiful Planet brands meet or exceed budgeted goals
- Develop and analyze profitability reports for all significant retail customers and implement action plans for improvement as needed
- Lead the development of new business sales initiatives
- Establish effective coordination and communication of sales information/activities internally to all division and corporate sales personnel, and externally to all customers and vendors
- Responsible for education, training and development of KeHE sales force with regards to the features, benefits and merchandising solutions of Plentiful Planet brands
- Responsible for the analysis and distribution of category management information and initiatives
- Conduct key account presentations for new and existing business
- Support regional promotional programs and present at regional sales meetings
- Participate in regional and national tradeevents and represent the company through public speaking and participation in industry associations
- Must maintain good attendance
- Maintain safe work practices
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information
- Other duties and special projects as requested
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills, Aptitude
- Bachelor's Degree
- A minimum of ten (10) years of sales, marketing, and merchandising management experience, preferably in the grocery products industry.
- Proficiency with MS Office required and a thorough understanding of industry, market, and consumer trends a must.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Must possess strong cognitive, reasoning, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have a high energy level and be comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities; tactful, mature, and flexible.
- Good reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Must be resourceful, highly dependable, efficient and detailed oriented.
- Must have the ability to establish credibility and be decisive while being able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities. Need to be service oriented while being assertive/persuasive.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees and management personnel.