The Director of Sales & Marketing – Public Communications is accountable for acquiring new and retaining existing accounts with CenturyLink’s Public Communications solution capabilities, which provide highly secure inmate communications and forensic systems to Correctional facilities throughout the United States. Responsibilities include building strong relationships with key personnel at targeted accounts, directing overall written responses to structured procurements, leading presentations/demonstrations to prospective customers, and meeting defined sales and revenue targets. This position requires a strong combination of financial, product/technical, writing, and especially leadership skills, and is critical to achieving the group’s aggressive growth goals.
- Provide leadership and guidance for a team of quota’d sales representatives and non-quota’d Request for Proposal (RFP) technical writers. Ensure all team members clearly understand their roles and responsibilities in achieving team objectives, and have a consistent understanding of CenturyLink’s key differentiators in the market.
- Define price points necessary to win business and champion targeted accounts within the company (“internal selling”), especially on a financial basis.
- Define and implement sales activity requirements for account management personnel.
- Achieve defined sales targets.
- Individually and through team members:
- Maintain CRM data to note account activity and provide accurate management reporting
- Develop the equivalent of C-Level relationships with targeted accounts with the objective of positioning CenturyLink as its strategic partner.
- Provide consultative guidance to key personnel at targeted accounts, with the intent of influencing specifications in structured procurements to create ‘win-win’ outcomes.
- Partner with group technical personnel and operations partners to ensure contractual service obligations are meant for correctional facility customers; helpdesk, break-fix repair, identification and resolution of chronic issues, etc.
- Provide thorough responses to public structured procurements, with particular attention to narrative detail as well as CenturyLink key differentiators; “selling CenturyLink” in clear and concise written form.
- Coordinate with CenturyLink affiliate resources – both inside and outside the Correctional Markets group – to provide thorough written responses to procurements and to service existing customers.
- Up to 50% travel may be required at times.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3+ years people management experience
- 7+ years telecommunications experience
- Thorough technical understanding of network and managed IT services
- Proven ability to manage sales and technical writing teams is a must
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) for delivering information to diverse audiences, from senior executives to line operational staff.
- Experience designing custom presentations, communicating complex technical information in an intuitive way for prospective customers.
- Proven track record of a consistently achieving and out-performing targets
- Prior experience selling to state and county government customers highly desired
Alternate Location: US-Missouri-Kansas City
Requisition #: 208702