The Director, Sales Engineering will be responsible for leading pre-sales activities for the US Federal Civilian and US State and Local government , reporting to the Senior Director, Sales Engineering US Public Sector. The successful candidate will manage a growing sales engineering team and coordinate the efforts of a larger team to win new software license purchases.
- Requirements discovery
- Sales & technical presentations
- Facilitating Technical Exchange Sessions
- Formal RFP responses
- Leading Proof of Concept Exercises
- Aligns, prioritizes, and allocates sales engineering support to match the targeted objectives of the sales organization.
- Strategizes and coaches team members in applying consultative, planning, and enterprise solution selling techniques.
- Foster creation and facilitates sharing of key product use cases, demonstrations, presentations to the greater organization.
- Sets clear expectations of team deliverables and how the team will be measured.
- Travel as required
Recruits, develops, and retains high quality sales engineers to deliver clear, compelling, differentiated technology value propositions to potential customers and partners.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or similar
- 10+ years’ relevant experience within a technical and pre-sales capacity
- Proven technical management experience and success (especially managing pre-sales engineers) in a related software technology (applications, database, search, content management, business intelligence)
- Prior sales engineering experience.
- Prior experiencesupporting US Federal Civilian and/or State and Local government.
- Excellent leadership skills with attention to detail and positive attitude
- Strong oral and written communication skills