The Director, Sales & Client Relationship is responsible for the profitable growth of the Dealer and Manufacturer Retail and Commercial portfolios within Western Canada.
He/she is responsible for training, developing and managing a team of specialists in Retail and Commercial Dealer Finance to meet negotiated goals, which include business development goals and financial objectives, credit quality objectives, customer and employee satisfaction goals, human resource management, compliance requirements and operational effectiveness objectives.
He/she provides leadership and guidance to the Western Dealer Finance Centre delivery network in a manner consistent with the overall Canadian Bank strategy of developing and leading a customer-focused sales culture while achieving business line revenue growth objectives. This includes a primary responsibility for leading and managing others by focusing on Sales Management disciplines.
He/she will be managing a team of 10 direct reports and a global team of approx. 25 specialists that work remotely across Western Canada. The Director, Sales & Client Relationship will report directly to the VP of the Western Dealer Finance Centre.
- Develop tactical strategies for the market area to support the overall Automotive Finance strategy and business plan and the achievement of the business objectives;
- Lead the implementation of the tactical strategies and initiatives for the Western Dealer Finance Centre market area;
- Develop and manage a portfolio of select high value, complex commercial client relationships at an acceptable level of risk;
- Maintain the overall quality of the Indirect Retail and Commercial Automotive portfolios and client base, within the established parameters for underwriting;
- Maintain a high market profile within the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts
- Establish and monitor stretch goals for Direct Reports;
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Minimum 8 years of experience with commercial relationship management and indirect retail business experience preferably in a sales capacity;
- Thorough knowledge of Canada's financial services marketplace and knowledge of the Automotive Finance market, major customers and competitive positioning;
- Expert sales management leadership skills;
- Expert knowledge of financial analysis, risk analysis techniques, credit adjudication;
- Strong tactical strategic planning and implementation/management skills;
- Must be able to effectively articulate his/her view to all levels both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace at a senior customer/manufacturer level, both written and verbally including industry/customer public speaking forums;
- Ability to travel several times a year across Western Canada.
- Related undergraduate or graduate degree preferably in business or marketing
Requisition ID: 1082