Jabil is a Supply Chain Solutions organization with the Sales Executive being the catalyst to create the proper business atmosphere within the customer. The ability to create a strategic partnership for long term collaborative manufacturing and services is the goal. Generating sales from new or existing customers across the Western Region within the server/storage/high velocity and infrastructure industries. Responsible for ensuring customer trust and satisfaction. Maintains contact with the customer at a high, executive level focusing on the strategic nature of the relationship. Works with Sr. management in developing target customers and landing the customer. Typically, the sales are more consultative than transactional in which the purchase decision is complex and long, value is the key, and focus is on the solution.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Jabil has created a culture that is empowering to a person in the sales industry. The Jabil Sales person is a “Deal Maker” for the company. They are allowed the flexibility to run their own territory/ accounts and develop the target opportunities on a collaborative effort with the area VP/ Sr Director to ensure the corporate sales targets are met. This is accomplished with a team atmosphere that includes Business Units, Marketing, Engineering and Jabil Executive management. The goal is to target key capital equipment or mechatronics accounts in the area and as a team define the opportunities and create a strategy to win.
Target Deal Size: The average target deal size is between $20M- $100M+ for total EMS business and $2M – $10M for mechanical business. Target customers tend to semiconductor, test, automation or industrial space. We are looking for a progressive deal maker that sells more than just price. The right candidate must have the ability to do the research on the client and define the key areas of interest and create a strategy on how to win the business. Understanding the client’s needs and competitive landscape is critical to defining the entry points for Jabil. The candidate must have experience in the Silicon Valley and have a network of contacts at the senior leadership level.
Business Strategy and Direction:
- Define, develop and implement a sales strategy, which contributes to the corporate sales strategic direction.
- Develop trust with customer or potential customer.
- Understand the Jabil selling process: Prospecting; Preapproach-planning the sale; Approach; Need Assessment; Presentation; Meeting Objections; Gaining commitment; and Follow-up.
*Qualify new potential customers with guidance from Sr. Management, Sector VP’s, and Business Development.
- Responsible for customer satisfaction and good client relationships.
- Develop an understanding of the workcell and business unit strategies as it pertains to sales.
- Work closely with Business Development, Operations, and legal groups for quote and contract development.
*Knowledge of SalesForce.com and its use to target new customers.
- Provide regular updates to VP / Sr. Director of sales and marketing team on the execution of the strategy.
Forecast Development and Accuracy:
- Prepare timely forecasts for the sales department.
- Provide expense budgets when required.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
- Create customer /product penetration strategies and the deployment of such for new accounts.
- Interpret and communicate customer requirements to enable development of services and operational capabilities to support new customers and business opportunities.
- Develop RFQ analysis and present formal presentation to customer; ensure key financial measures are achieved within each quote, including profitability targets.
- Promote Jabil’s capabilities, footprint and services to new customers.
- Lead commercial negotiations with new customers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
MANAGEMENT & SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: VP Sales / Marketing; Sr. Director of Sales