5 - 7 years
Posted 164 days ago
Director Sales - Business Services
Tweet Apply with LinkedIn Apply now
The Director of Sales is responsible for hiring, leading and developing sales leadership into a high performing sales organization. This position establishes and executes the sales strategies for the Small Business, Mid-Market, Enterprise and Carrier/Wholesale channels.
• Evaluates, refines, and enhances sales strategies to exceed annual revenue budget.
• Closely monitors competitive activity and market trends.
• Works closely with marketing and operations to develop new offers, pricing and positioning in an effort to respond tocompetition.
• Works closely with operations to ensure sales teams’ needs are being met.
• Defines sales territories, product mix, and quotas.
• Develops and implements compensation plans.
• Refines, develops, and implements a measurable sales process.
• Develops sales policies and procedures.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed.
This position is directly responsible for managing 4 managerial/director-level associates with approximately 120 total subordinates. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Company policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring, training associates; assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Cultivates, pursues and promotes a culture of continued excellence through individual and team growth.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree (M.A.) or equivalent; and a minimum of 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Five years or more of leading sales leadership teams preferred.
• Valid driver’s license and a good driving record. This position requires up to 15% travel.
• Proven track record of developing sales strategies and improving service delivery.
• Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
• Proven ability to recruit, hire, train and motivate sales leaders to balance staff strength with profitability and growth.
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and ability to get along with diverse personalities. Tactful, mature approach in resolving differences.
• Results-oriented with the ability to balance all key business considerations; strong decision maker.
• Ability to manage and influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.