Director, Sales and Business Development, Semiconductor
The Opportunity: Picarro is looking for a seasoned, high-energy, and driven Director of Sales and Business Development with strong knowledge of, and experience within the Semiconductor component and / or capital equipment markets. You will be responsible for the direction and management of sales agents and business development related to the Picarro Semiconductor Contamination Identification and Control Solutions products. The Director of Sales and Business Development will drive the company's achievement of its sales volume as well as revenue goals.
- Develop plans and strategies for continuously developing our semiconductor products business globally and achieving the company's sales goals.
- Work closely with the Picarro Semiconductor team and agents to establish and grow critical relationships with end user semiconductor fab personnel as appropriate.
- Ability to drive Picarro brand exposure to key stakeholders within the defect and yield departments within the fab.
- Proactively drive new revenue streams while responding to quote requests.
- Penetrate and identify long- term expansion projects within the semiconductor manufacturing sector and assure that Picarro semiconductor products are well understood and positioned for the win.
- Provide cross-functional coordination with engineering and operations teams with excellent communications skills in conveying critical technical details.
- Create and manage a successful pipeline creation and management and provide accurate sales forecasting.
- Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to the company leadership team and other company functions.
- BA/BS degree and 10+ years sales experience in related industries (Semiconductor and related industries).
- Strong understanding of relational sales process and factors that impact the semiconductor market.
- Experience selling within the semiconductor fab specific to defects and yield with good understanding of all the FEOL processes, CVD, Etch, PVD, II, Photolithography, CMP, etc., and understanding of the manufacturing process is highly desired.
- "Start-up" and self-driven mentality and keen on working in a small, yet growing environment.
- Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels.
- Outstanding consultative selling abilities and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Key mindsets required: a seek to understand mentality and coachability.
- Keen understanding and appreciation of selling into the semiconductor manufacturing industries with experience managing and motivating agents.
- Willingness to travel as needed (roughly 50%).