Akima LLC’s subsidiary employees form one of the broadest skill sets in all of government and industry. Supporting customers across the U.S., Middle East, Europe and Asia, our professional staff delivers services and solutions in fields as diverse as information technology, data and communications, systems engineering, software development, IT products, space operations, aviation, fabrication, construction, facility management, logistics, hospitality and more. Our staff also consists of recognized leaders in enterprise architecture, policy formation, federal acquisition strategy and business process optimization. We continually look for the very best and brightest to support our commitment to superior outcomes across today’s most complex and critical missions worldwide.
- Senior level business developer responsible for identifying, qualifying, and capturing new business opportunities, both full and open as well as task orders within assigned Federal and or Commercial Sectors.
- Maintains strong customer business relationships in domestic government/commercial markets and with industry peers.
- Identifies and develops opportunities for business expansion.
- Develops marketing strategies and provides input into long range business plans.
- Acts as liaison with government agencies/commercial customers and offices.
- May ensure that business development strategy is implemented.
- The candidate will focus on marketing primarily to the Washington D.C. community and therefore should have a strong network of contacts and be familiar with the major programs and upcoming initiatives.
- The candidate must be a self starter who can cite a history of competitive wins on key programs in the Federal and/or Commercial sectors.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success leading new large-scale business initiatives.
- While it is expected that the final candidates will have established relationships and credibility with key decision makers, the candidates must also have the knowledge and experience to lead the company through the entire capture/sales process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the appropriate business units to provide strategic direction and leadership
- Develop comprehensive account plans; identify and qualify new business opportunities; develop innovative capture strategies; and assist in the preparation of winning proposals for our government clients.
- Develop and implement an effective agency focused sales strategy and account penetration plan
- Meet or exceed monthly Sales Revenue and Gross Profit target goals
- Conduct customer sales calls
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to management
- May be required to participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and webinar marketing events.
- Should be able to manage sales funnel by pushing opportunities through our pre-defined sales cycle stages.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years business development experience within the FEDERAL IT service solutions environment or commercial business community
- DOD and Civilian Agency experience strongly desired
- Strong team player
- Know how to use appropriate resources to maximize business capture
- Familiar with the regulations that drive the Federal Government technology capture process and be a strong advocate for the company.
- Working knowledge of FAR regulations and Federal Government procurement processes
EQUIPMENT AND APPLICATIONS
- Must have home office equipment and internet
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Occasional business travel within USA
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.