Our current portfolio of media assets includes USA TODAY, local media organizations in 46 states in the U.S., and Newsquest, a wholly owned subsidiary operating in the United Kingdom with more than 120 local news media brands. Gannett also owns the digital marketing services companies ReachLocal, Inc., UpCurve, Inc., and WordStream, Inc., which are marketed under the LOCALiQ brand, and runs the largest media-owned events business in the U.S., USA TODAY NETWORK Ventures.
To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
The Director of Sales Analytics will lead efforts in all analytical efforts for sales productivity, including standard sales reporting, critical KPIs for sales, including OKR and board reports, and data analytics that drive future sales strategies. Specific duties include:
- Partnering with finance, develop and disseminate all standard performance reports to the field, including KPI reporting, scorecards and stack rankers. Work with sales channel leadership to extract critical takeaways from the report details to support necessary action. Lead sales analytics efforts associated with new product development, market potential, or otherwise sizing new opportunities.
- Translate digestible, actionable summaries of large data sets into recommended action steps to leverage successful strategies to scale. Quickly identify and communicate opportunities and/or challenges to act on from trend lines.
- Builds the necessary data, tools, and infrastructure for the most effective revenue reporting and to increase the organization’s sales analytical competencies.
- Lead liaison between Sales Operations, Finance, and IT teams ensuring common general ledger set up and reporting.
- Partner with sales leaders on planning against opportunity and right sizing resourcing levels.
- Partner with Sales and Finance teams internal and external customer incentives, understanding revenue opportunities, modeling performance and profit/cost analyses.
- 5+ years’ experience in analytics and insights that drive the business forward
- Aptitude or acumen for Digital Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent practical experience
- Passionate solution-seeker
- Competitive nature and a winning team spirit
- Problem solver who thrives on challenges and can simplify the complex
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to continuously learn, try new things and adapt to change
- Proficient in MS Office Suite including Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook