Provides oversight to Owens & Minor's Global Solutions Account Management processes, including but not limited to leading, monitoring process flows and reporting; reviewing account strategies; coordinating and managing execution activities for top Owens & Minor customers; delivering regular updates to senior leadership on top account statuses and ensuring that accounts are ready for review by the Pricing Committee. Also leads key account management review meetings and aids in the execution of broad-scale initiatives for the Global Solutions organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Works with the Global Solutions Leadership Team on strategic areas of focus supporting the deployment of strategies and execution of key initiatives, for key accounts, consistent with the overarching strategy and vision of the business.
2. Partners with the Operating VP, Commercial Excellence on the execution of organizational initiatives such as account structure redesign and large scale account organizational change.
3. Serves as the strategic lead on specific account management projects; develops project plans; assembles and manages cross-functional project teams to achieve project goals and implement change.
4. Monitors the status of the portfolio of accounts across the top Key Accounts.
5. Responsible for managing day-to-day portfolio tracking and reporting infrastructure for key accounts and initiatives within the key accounts to ensure that critical deadlines are met.
6. Develops processes and ensures effective planning, scheduling, tracking and reporting of key account projects directly led.
7. Provides regular, ongoing reporting and communications to leadership regarding status of account and account initiatives.
8. Prepares and contributes to presentations for Global Solutions leadership and other key stakeholders; manages the timeline and process by which materials are developed, reviewed, and prepared for meetings.
9. Acts as the process owner and leader for key account management processes, including the key account review meetings and customer quarterly business reviews.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Engages in travel up to 40% of the time.
2. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degreerequired; Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum, ten (10) years of experience leading complex sales projects, working in healthcare, logistics and/or manufacturing industries or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Subject matter expertise in project management and project management methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management, corporate and distribution center teammates
- Capable of identifying barriers to achieving business goals and successfully solving them bur working with appropriate business leaders
- Expert analytical skills with ability to make decisions with limited information
- Ability to manage teams across multiple related disciplines and across geographical regions and locations
- Ability to serve as champion for multiple projects simultaneously
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Ability to identify opportunities that lead to business improvements and/or operational efficiencies
- Self-starter, can work independently and in a team setting involving multiple departments, partners, and business processes